Gotway Nikola mudguard

Kristof Willen

I was surprised when riding my Nik+ on wet & muddy roads, my pants and coat got all splashed up with mud.  So I decided to let this Thingverse design get 3D printed so I could apply it to my Nikola :

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3987748

Installing is a bit finicky, and the mudguard cracked a bit when applying.  The result looks good, I yet have to find out if this will avoid mud/rain splashes on my clothes. 

IMG_20191129_151954.jpg

IMG_20191129_153328.jpg

• Like 3

It is not ideal though, as I see that it has developed some more cracks, probably created when installing (and hopefully not after installation). 

Ideally, this should be either printed at a smaller size (90% or so) or in some hard rubber. 

• 4 months later...
On 11/29/2019 at 8:22 PM, Kristof Willen said:

It is not ideal though, as I see that it has developed some more cracks, probably created when installing (and hopefully not after installation). 

Ideally, this should be either printed at a smaller size (90% or so) or in some hard rubber. 

What material did you print it at? there are a few options

On 4/28/2020 at 1:44 AM, Sai said:

What material did you print it at? there are a few options

If I remember correctly, I ordered this printed in PLA.  Not the best choice, but up to date it's still holding. 

On 4/29/2020 at 10:37 AM, Kristof Willen said:

If I remember correctly, I ordered this printed in PLA.  Not the best choice, but up to date it's still holding. 

Hi Kristof, can the Nikola still stand on its own when switched off with this mudguard? 

3 hours ago, Sai said:

Hi Kristof, can the Nikola still stand on its own when switched off with this mudguard? 

Yes, but of course, but only on the front side.  You cannot rest the the Nikola on the side where the mudguard is. 

• 5 months later...