Reinforced sidewalls = Gyro effect?

Tinkererboi

On 11/21/2019 at 2:10 AM, Tinkererboi said:

Update for you @Gaz Bon :)

20191121-130238.jpg20191121-130246.jpg

Put about 200km on the new tyre, its just as grippy as on my GT16 as expected. 

Personally this is as knobby as i'll go, the tread really digs into mud and i see no need to lose range with a full knobby like the shinko. 

Gyro effect is completely non-existent, wheel runs perfectly true now with the new tyre, even when I let it free spin in the air until cutoff. Those who have tried this before know how the stock tyres will shake the bejeezus out of you if you did that.

Finally hit the top speed, with ease I might add. The stock tyres were simply too wobbly for me beyond 40kph and it felt like the wheel wanted to fling me off when I exited turns at speed.

Also has much less rolling resistance, which really helps the 16x feel lively as it should be. No longer have to crank the wheel hard to maintain top speed. 

All in all, I'm loving this super cheap tyre. Hope more users go this route so we can have the data needed to test my theory more thoroughly ;)

On 11/21/2019 at 2:10 AM, Tinkererboi said:

Update for you @Gaz Bon :)

20191121-130238.jpg20191121-130246.jpg

Put about 200km on the new tyre, its just as grippy as on my GT16 as expected. 

Personally this is as knobby as i'll go, the tread really digs into mud and i see no need to lose range with a full knobby like the shinko. 

Gyro effect is completely non-existent, wheel runs perfectly true now with the new tyre, even when I let it free spin in the air until cutoff. Those who have tried this before know how the stock tyres will shake the bejeezus out of you if you did that.

Finally hit the top speed, with ease I might add. The stock tyres were simply too wobbly for me beyond 40kph and it felt like the wheel wanted to fling me off when I exited turns at speed.

Also has much less rolling resistance, which really helps the 16x feel lively as it should be. No longer have to crank the wheel hard to maintain top speed. 

All in all, I'm loving this super cheap tyre. Hope more users go this route so we can have the data needed to test my theory more thoroughly ;)

Hey Tinkererboi, can you tell me which tyre this is? I'd like to get a no-gyro tyre with this thread for my Kingsong 16-X.
Thanks!

• Like 1