Ninebot One R+ cutout (cold temperatures)

Bo Ny

I tried my New Ninebot one E+ for the first time last week. Yesterday I took it again (had it inside the house and it said 15 km left in the battery) but after 500 m it turned off and I fell pretty badly. It was probably below 0 degrees C. It was not possible to start it again but after a while it was fit for fight again. Do you think it was the temperature that turned it off or...? Pretty scary if not

Welcome @Bo Ny

I moved your post to a new topic, since it has nothing to do with a Z10

9 minutes ago, Bo Ny said:

I tried my New Ninebot one E+ for the first time last week. Yesterday I took it again (had it inside the house and it said 15 km left in the battery) but after 500 m it turned off and I fell pretty badly. It was probably below 0 degrees C. It was not possible to start it again but after a while it was fit for fight again. Do you think it was the temperature that turned it off or...? Pretty scary if not

The 9bot1E+ BMS afair has cell undervoltage "protection" - so if one cell gets below a certain threshold the BMS cuts off everything... Once the cell recovers again (voltage above threshold) everything works as normal.

Getting the batteries out into the cold reduces greatly available charge/range.

Could be in combination with bad/aged/imbalanced cells in the battery pack, which would worsen the situation.

• Like 1