Ninebot One E+ Battery Troubleshooting

GameDevDad

I haven't ridden my Ninebot One E+ for at least 6 months, and when I rode it the other day, the battery doesn't seem to be holding a charge as I only rode it for a total of 10 minutes and it was already dead. That night, I charged the battery and it showed 3/4 charge (via LEDs) the next morning. Again, only 10 minutes or so of riding. 

Are there some troubleshooting steps to determine whether the battery is dead and needs replacement?

If it does need replacement does anyone have links to a replacement battery available in the US? I've searched around, but the Ninebot One E+ is quite a few years old so they are hard to find. 

5 hours ago, GameDevDad said:

Are there some troubleshooting steps to determine whether the battery is dead and needs replacement?

Hi @GameDevDad

First measure your chargers output voltage. It should be ~63V. 

But most probably it's your battery - which voltage is reported by th app?

Maybe you have an ebike/battery shop nearby that can replace dead cells?

• Like 2

I went to a battery store this morning and they can't help. I think the shipping of batteries to Hawaii is quite strict and they couldn't find a way to get a new one shipped here from Ninebot. They also weren't willing to try to repair. Are there any non-Ninebot batteries that would work as a replacement?

Otherwise, are there any instructions on how I would repair myself? I would want instructions on how to confirm that the BMS is still good as well.

• 10 months later...