KS16X and iPhone

Yellowman

Hello,

I just got my KS16X and I try to unlock its speed with my iPhone KingSong app.

1)

What is "Warping Speed"?

2)

Why can't I disable 3rd level alarm? The most I can move it to is 26mph

3)

For some reason, when I hit 20mph the wheel tells me to slow down.

Anyone can advise?

Thanks!

43 minutes ago, Yellowman said:

I rode 12miles already. Also, when I first went to the speed settings, I got a button asking to request unlock authorization. Is that not the speed unlocked already?

Yes, that's the speed unlock, now you are able to set the tilt back (warping speed) to full speed if you want the full 31 mph. 

Unfortunately, I cannot change that value, I get "failed to save".

Speaking of that, I think my wheel was not fully charged even though it read 92%. Remembering the battery voltage, it was around 65V. I think a real 100% charge is at 84V.

About charging, the standard 1.5A charger needs 14 hours to fully charge. It does not seem that eWheels has an extra charger for sale on their website? Any thoughts?

22 minutes ago, Yellowman said:

Unfortunately, I cannot change that value, I get "failed to save".

Speaking of that, I think my wheel was not fully charged even though it read 92%. Remembering the battery voltage, it was around 65V. I think a real 100% charge is at 84V.

About charging, the standard 1.5A charger needs 14 hours to fully charge. It does not seem that eWheels has an extra charger for sale on their website? Any thoughts?

Often, Jason at eWheels stocks many things not listed on the website. Just ask in an email to sales@ewheels.com.

1 hour ago, Yellowman said:

https://www.ewheels.com/product/ewheels-84-2v-rapid-chargers/

And choose 18XL with Lenovo connector 

5 hours ago, buell47 said:

Yes, I am using this app. Thanks for helping me double check.

As for the rapid charger, I did buy one for V10F from eWheels. I contacted Jason and he tells me there are no adapters for it for KS16X.

So it looks like I will have to buy another fast charger for KS18 (compatible with KS16).

--------

On a side note, why manufacturers sell low amp chargers with the wheels and not something with slightly higher amps?

I mean 14 hours to fully charge the wheel with the charger it comes with is a bit too slow and impractical IMHO.

Thanks!

13 hours ago, Yellowman said:

Hello,

I just got my KS16X and I try to unlock its speed with my iPhone KingSong app.

1)

What is "Warping Speed"?

2)

Why can't I disable 3rd level alarm? The most I can move it to is 26mph

3)

For some reason, when I hit 20mph the wheel tells me to slow down.

Anyone can advise?

Thanks!

All of these questions and more have been answered in the King Song forums section. :)I highly recommend checking out these threads.

6 hours ago, Yellowman said:

As for the rapid charger, I did buy one for V10F from eWheels. I contacted Jason and he tells me there are no adapters for it for KS16X.

So it looks like I will have to buy another fast charger for KS18 (compatible with KS16).

Then I'd make an adapter by myself. 

6 hours ago, Yellowman said:

On a side note, why manufacturers sell low amp chargers with the wheels and not something with slightly higher amps?

Because there are very cheap. 😂