KS-14S Speed setting assistance

M640x

Hello all.  I have a KS-14S and I'm trying to change the speed settings.  My max is set from factory at 20kph.  I've read on here that

this wheel doesn't have to be unlocked or meet a certain mileage/km range to change the speed settings.  I change the sliders in the KS

app and press confirm and nothing happens.  Any help would be cool.  My wheel has the 1.07 firmware.  Thank you in advance for any

assistance.

I'm just past 16 miles as of today.  I tested the max speed today and it's definitely at 12.5 mph (20 kmh).

Second to that I'm unable to change the speed settings in the KS app.  I'm guessing that's directly related to the fact the I'm locked in at 20 kmh/ 12.5 mph.

I read from another rider on here that the KS-14's aren't limited by having to ride so much distance before it unlocks.  Either way I don't care, I'd just like to

know how to increase the speed on this.  12.5 mph is too slow.

1 hour ago, Senior Coffee said:

I'm just past 16 miles as of today.  I tested the max speed today and it's definitely at 12.5 mph (20 kmh).

Second to that I'm unable to change the speed settings in the KS app.  I'm guessing that's directly related to the fact the I'm locked in at 20 kmh/ 12.5 mph.

I read from another rider on here that the KS-14's aren't limited by having to ride so much distance before it unlocks.  Either way I don't care, I'd just like to

know how to increase the speed on this.  12.5 mph is too slow.

Have you logged into the App? It requires a registered login to allow you to unlock it.

My short answer is no I haven't logged into anything because I didn't know I was supposed to.  I'm brand new to this sport.

I downloaded the app from the KS website and used it to unlock the wheel.

I've been riding since the 29th using the KS and wheelog apps.  As far as logging into anything, I haven't been prompted anywhere to do that.

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.  If someone has a set of all the things that have to be done, like a set of instructions for a new guy

that would be greatly appreciated.  The easter egg approach to getting this thing set up is absolutely crazy making.

Edited by Senior Coffee
  • Like 1

I'm not near my phone at the moment, but from memory... 

When you launch the app, select the "person" icon at the bottom of the screen and then register. Once you are registered, King Song will know where you are in the world and (assuming you didn't get your wheel from a dodgy reseller) should allow the wheel to be unlocked.

Sooo, after much to do, lol, I think I have the app/wheel unlocked to change speed settings.  I did as you suggested and proceeded thru the registering process.  It appears that I already mostly registered previously.  I don't recall that but well I'm old and the memory sucks.  Somehow the process hadn't been completed.  I can't really state what steps I took but it appears to have worked.  I can now go into the KS app and it will accept where I put the speed settings along with accepting the "confirm" button.  Going to try it out later today.

Also I saw your signature about roll.nz.  I have one of their wheel condoms (protector) and it works great.  I don't fall much anymore but am good for jumping off the wheel at least 5 times per training session.  The new jumps don't produce anymore damage to the wheel because the protector does it's job excellently.

• Like 1

That's great... I'm glad you're sorted out your wheel / app issue. 

And thanks for the feedback too! We love hearing that our customers are happy with what we can provide.