Getting rid of noise/rumble on any wheel using E6000 Glue

Jacky Heshi

I remember owning a brand new Gotway Tesla a year ago but after 2500km and a couple of crash a rumble/noise started to sound from the wheel.  This issue is only when the wheel was at low speeds or stationary. 
The forums advised me to secure the screws that mounts the motherboard tighter but that did not work for me. 

I bought myself E6000 glue from the hardware store which was only like 6$ USD. This glue has a silicone rubber consistency which allows the board to be soft mounted but also secure it. 

I applied the adhesive on the side of the board and on the edges where the plastic mold meets the board on all sides. Note I didn't need to take out the board to do this, just the batteries. 

After letting it set over night, and testing it the next morning my wheel sounds silent! No more rumble when its stationary, No more vibrations when I'm waiting at a red light. 

The ride at higher speeds also felt smoother due to the board being soft mounted and filtered from high frequency interference. Let me know if this works for you guys too 

Screenshot_1.png

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2019 at 9:15 AM, chrisjunlee said:

Excellent mod! I’m surprised there’s no OEM vibration gaskets. I bet this actually also improves performance a bit (less “noise” for the controller to deal with).

That's exactly correct. Overall a smoother ride at higher speeds. 

• Like 1