v10, Z06, & MSX - New Riding Experience

vint43

1 hour ago, vint43 said:

Speaking of shape, I am not exactly a model.  I am 6'3" and come in at 235 lbs after some real weight loss.  The last time I was athletic was a few years out of college.  My buddy is a little better off but our "most fit" competition is not exactly what you find in other iron man type scenarios.

I am about 110 miles in on my EUC experience.

I'm very similar in terms of age, size and experience. I'm up over 300 miles now, and I can tell you experience counts. And you'll get better and better. I can go super slow and balance just fine (pedestrian walking pace), and make much tighter slow turns. I started with the 18XL which is tough because of it's weight. I think with a little more time under your belt, what wheel you ride won't even matter. You'll be able to ride them all. Then the choice is just deciding what tradeoffs you want in a wheel. My next purchase is a Monster V3 for the greater speed and comfort. But it will be even more of a beast than the 18XL.

In terms of balance, one of the things that helped me was to put move my feet away from the body of the EUC. That gives more room for tilting the wheel, and adds a lot of low speed maneuverability.

Edited by erk1024
added text

Hi,

i can agree.

I started in May 2018 with a ninebot One S2 without any knowledge of EUC before. Only read a little bit in the internet before and heard about it of some people I know.

I started in a common garage along the wall. It took me 1 or 2 hours to ride free for more then 10m first time, but very very shaky. Ride, ride ride is the best you can do. That makes your muscles and nerves more automatically just without thinking. You do not think about walking or cycling too, do you? I commute with my wheel every day when the weather is fine (~ 10km one way). So I went about 3000km on my S2 till November 2018 and decided to step up to a Z10. Got it on aliexpress on 11.11. (" Black Friday" in Asia!). I got it for € 1250,- and with additional discount had to pay only € 1140,- ! Had to wait four it for more than 50 days and got it after new year 2019. And I'm so glad that I did this! Had good luck with the batteries, nearly hybernation, but after 1 hour blinking red and green it started charging normally. All fine! More power, more distance, more fun, and at least, much more stability at all. The wider tire is a gift, the Z10 runs stable as a train. But at the same time it is so smooth and easy to take little curves and turns on less speed. No problem to go at same slow speed as a pedestrian. Much more easier as with the little One S2. Every time I change from Z10 to S2 it's a little bit of work to ride it, because it's so nervous. You will see, kms on a faster wheel come more faster of course. I'm now on about 4000km on the Z10. And the more km you were going, the easier you will go - without thinking about how to do - just go and have fun!

Always a pleasure and joy to hear from new riders. Welcome and have much fun, and always keep staying on!

Edited by Werner
  • Like 1