electricunicycleonline.com <-- dishonest or honest seller?

Chris

Update....   

My Wife (in China) called electricunicyclesonline.com  yesterday and inquired about my order again.     After some effort, she did speak with a "manager" who was familiar with the order and my request to upgrade to a T260.      She explained in Chinese that we were a little concerned and told him that I had read some things online (without stating where) that were not favorable.    He explained that they were a real company in XXXX, near the coast and Hong Kong (don't ask me where; but she knew the town!).   Orders to the US are shipped through Hong Kong.   He assured her that they would be shipping my unit shortly and that I would have it by January 7th.      He also offered to do the upgrade to the T260 for less because of the delay in shipping.    She thanked him and told him we would look forward to receiving my unicycle.    She advised him we would give his company a good report online if things go as planned.  

About an hour later, I received an email from electricunicycleonline.com advising me that the difference in price and shipping would be $30 US and to submit payment through Paypal.  That's about $20 less than I had calculated previously.     I paid the additional funds.

Now we'll see what happens!

Dave  

Further Update....

I filed a complaint w PalPal because electricunicyclesonline.com has not shipped my unit yet.   Seller sent an email immediately saying problem shipping to US and offered to cancel the order.   I accepted his offer and he subsequently sent a refund request to PayPal.   It's shows up on my PayPal account but has not shown up on my debit card yet.    Lesson learned.    

In any case, I went ahead and ordered a IPS122 from Amazon yesterday.   Should be here tomorrow.    

On 2016-01-06 at 5:44 PM, Flightrider said:

Further Update....

I filed a complaint w PalPal because electricunicyclesonline.com has not shipped my unit yet.   Seller sent an email immediately saying problem shipping to US and offered to cancel the order.   I accepted his offer and he subsequently sent a refund request to PayPal.   It's shows up on my PayPal account but has not shown up on my debit card yet.    Lesson learned.    

In any case, I went ahead and ordered a IPS122 from Amazon yesterday.   Should be here tomorrow.    

Too bad! At least Amazon should be reliable!

Hi All,

I want to inform you, that I actually have a ongoing discussion

about a false delivered unicycle with this company.

Today I opened a PaPal dispute to try to resolve the issue.

Description:

In December last year I ordered my first Unicycle from them.

An IPS Zero, 260 Wh Battery.

Because of the hint of members of this forum I found out that

they delivered only:

An IPS Zero, 240 Wh Battery.

Well, this seems not to be so much a difference, BUT:

From other Members in the IPS Zero Thread there was this topic already

and it shows:

The 240 Wh Version of the IPS Zero is a 'special edition' for a chinese reseller

especially for the chinese market ONLY.

It was NOT meant to be sold in Europe from the manufacturer.

This version of the Zero is inferior!

The price difference on the market between the versions is around 150 USD.

Coresponding via E-Mail the company today offered me a refund of 50 USD max.

I declined because I think this is to less and opened the PayPal dispute.

At the moment I can NOT RECOMMEND to buy from

www.electricunicycleonline.com !

I'll keep you informed.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I bought a Ips i260 plus from them last September  2015 I rode it for about  3 months it cut out once face planting me on tarmac luckily I have fast  reflexes and we'll padded pair of bike gloves 1 pair inside another for  padding the palms of my hand. 

Anyway  a few weeks  after this February I was going really slow down a slight incline when it just cut out totally I  contacted electricunicycleonline and was told by Maggie Maggie not Maggie May of Rod Stewart  fame! She said send in a video ? That was the last I heard  from  her not had a reply to this day from her.

So I  have been trying  to  fix it as the warranty was not worth pursuing for all thereasons given in previous  post's here.

I've got to the  stage now when I  turn  it on I get a constant alarm and it bucks forward when leaned forwards and backward when tilted  backwards, If  I put pressure on it I get a horrible grating sound as if it won't  engage or support  any weight.

The question  to you guys is, can it be fixed? I have  a Tg m3  which has been great but a little slow after the 260+ 

I also have a rockwheel that I have been trying to fix it only comes to life  when  plugged in and the switch turned on otherwise  no luck I've  been  on fixing and done what they say with no success.

I'm  going to buy a Ips zero and  a gotway who would be  the best  to  buy  from I live inrainy Newcastle upon Tyne  in England. 

Any help  or  advice  would be appreciated  

Might be better off buying directly from a UK dealer for example speedyfeet in the UK for gotway.

If something goes wrong at least they are in the same country and will sort it out.

It can cost a bit more  but in the event of a disaster it is a bit more feasible to get it returned and sorted.

Jer

Jer

Archived