MiniPro 2018 at Amazon $392 New

6 hours ago, FastForward said:

Hi. You wrote that 2018 version si crappy, why? What is difference with 2019?

There is no 2019, unless you mean the renamed "S" series, but that is another matter; the S is different again (and crappy).  We say crappy 2018, because it has a smaller less capable battery than the earlier original Mini-Pro.  You can read about the differences in other threads on here, or in Amazon reviews.

• Upvote 1

How is the S different again (and crappy)? I'd assumed it was identical to the 2016-17 miniPRO (apart from the rebranding, of course)...?

16 hours ago, Philip said:

How is the S different again (and crappy)? I'd assumed it was identical to the 2016-17 miniPRO (apart from the rebranding, of course)...?

Not sure about New Zealand, but in the US, only the "S" model (not the "S Pro") is readily available, and the "S" is equivalent to the "mini", not the "mini pro", so you can read about the differences on here about the mini and the mini pro, or just the mini to find out about the "S" model. 

Edited by FreeRide

>We say crappy 2018, because it has a smaller less capable battery than the earlier original Mini-Pro

Ok I understood: 2018 means M260 - body from M320, battery from M240

I just exchanged one of my two ES2 with a Mini Pro shipped in 2018, but it's a M320. I was worried about unknown crappiness

Thanks for explaining that, FreeRide. Here in New Zealand only the S-Pro is readily available, as no one seems to bother importing the S at the moment (due to its lighter maximum rider weight, lower top speed....and the smaller battery makes it less useful to fit inside the GoKart).

20 hours ago, Philip said:

Thanks for explaining that, FreeRide. Here in New Zealand only the S-Pro is readily available, as no one seems to bother importing the S at the moment (due to its lighter maximum rider weight, lower top speed....and the smaller battery makes it less useful to fit inside the GoKart).

Your importer must be smarter than the US one, or people in the US are too cheap, or the US importer too greedy.  Sounds like you are lucky there.  Maybe they will show up here at a good price, but if they do I'm not sure they will have good cells in the battery pack.

I'm thinking about getting the S-Plus before they are gone, as they don't seem popular enough that they will make a new black one, or one with an upgraded battery.  At least on the plus it's a lot easier (although still requires custom work) to upgrade the battery.  I don't hear much on here about people comparing their experience on the Plus vs the Pro.  I hate to buy it as the design made several steps backward, while it made a couple forward, and white is not my color choice.