Ninebot C+ not charging

finalstep

The thing came seemingly fully charged, I rode it for about 2-3 hours and it's in the red now. Had it plugged in all night and it's showing the same.

I'm not sure if this is relevant but it came with a chinese socket plug so I used an adapter to charge it, I can't see why that would be an issue though. Anything else I should trouble shoot for this?

Don't know if the Ninebot chargers have the charging led, does it light up red when connected to the wall socket and the wheel? If it doesn't light up at all, the charger's probably dead, if it lights up green when it's supposed to be charging the wheel, the voltage's probably too low.

If you have a multimeter, check the output voltage of the charger. think  The Ninebot C's/E's have 15S batteries, so the output should be 63V.

EDIT: Checked the battery, it's 15S, the charger should output 63V. The value on the pack is the nominal voltage (3.7V per cell * 15  cells= 55.5V):

HTB1udLdXEjrK1RkHFNRq6ySvpXaH.jpg

Fully charged typical Li-ion cell is 4.2V, 4.2V per cell * 15 cells = 63V.

Edited by esaj

11 minutes ago, finalstep said:

Thank you very much, what's the solution if the voltage is too low?

Either adjust the charger or get a new one, remember that you have to do it with the charger open (the adjusting trimmer is inside) with the charger connected to a wall socket, so there are lethal voltages there. If you are unsure of how to do that, ask around if you know someone who could do it for you, or just get a new one. Maybe some companies might also fix it for you, but depending on the price, it might be more expensive than getting a new one (no idea how much original Ninebot chargers cost, the adjustment shouldn't take but maybe about 15 minutes including opening and closing the enclosure for someone who knows what they're doing).

Edited by esaj

Just now, finalstep said:

but if the voltage was too low wouldn't it just charge too slowly? in this case it's not charging at all

The charger voltage has to be above the battery voltage (which raises as it's being charged) to cause the current to flow into the battery. 

• Like 1