Wanted: ACMs+ replacement shell

I recently acquired a well-used ACMs+; it's a super fun wheel and a huge upgrade from my v5F.

I hopped off a curb going slow on my commute the other day and the pedal caught the curb and I fell off and the wheel bounced into the road, spun out and did a bunch of super fast backflips before landing on the charging port and stopping. The charging port section got smashed in and the seam on the back side of the shell has opened up and I can't figure out why it won't close. I was able to finagle the broken part of the shell with the charging port out of the hole so I could plug it in. No connections were severed and the wheel still runs and charges fine so I'll probably keep riding it carefully, but I want to get the shell replaced ASAP.

Does anyone have an old ACMs+ shell they'd be willing to sell/ship to me? If not, any ideas on where I might find one? I've checked all the possible sources I could think of but no luck.

Edited by mikemarz88

• 2 weeks later...

Hello mikemarz88,

On aliexpress they do seel the acm shell, not cheep unfortunatly.

But if you wanne have a good sheel it's something to over think.

As you probably now, the acm is no more in production.

So it's maybe rare to find a shell by now, follow the link.

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/GotWay-ACM16-The-full-range-of-electric-unicycle-original-accessories-shell-motherboar-Tyre-inner-tube-16inch/32830253642.html?spm=a2g0z.12057483.0.0.19082aad16b9V8

This shop  under don't sell them, but maybe he can help u further?

http://shop.euc.nyc/Parts

Maybe you can get just the part where the port is in.

Replace the hole shell is as far as i can see on the picture not really necesary.

Hope you find a solution for this, good luck!

Hi @gotmotion2016,

Thanks for the reply! I must have overlooked this on AliExpress, but yeah $240 + $90 for a new shell is very steep. Maybe I'd be able to message the seller and negotiate a lower price? The demand for ACM parts can't be high enough to justify those prices.

Also, the old shell has enough damage that water could get inside in rainy conditions, and I want to be able to ride in the rain. I decided that I will be building my own shell for the wheel out of aluminum and wood, with all the innards in a waterproofed plastic container. Here's a link to my post: 

I actually got this wheel from Dmitry over at shop.euc.nyc, I'll send him a message to see if he has any spare shells.

Thanks!