Wheel sensor calibration...

Guest PogArt Artur

Guest PogArt Artur

I've started going through the settings, to find out the ROLL ANGLE.
It started bothering me, at what value I did wheel calibration before?
So using the wall as a support, I've managed to get the Roll Angle value down to 0.00 , then I've done wheel sensor calibration.
This is first time I've put extra effort to do it such precisely...
I used to grab the wheel,and hold it more or less vertically correct,to do the sensor calibration...
Actually I'm not sure if it's any advantage to keep the Roll Angle as close to the 0 as possible for sensor calibration?Screenshot_20190423-233140_Gallery.thumb.jpg.5ee5869a29e7015ddc3a0b6c01de2688.jpg

1 hour ago, PogArt Artur said:

Actually I'm not sure if it's any advantage to keep the Roll Angle as close to the 0 as possible for sensor calibration?

It's an advantage. If the wheel is tilted sideways too much, you get a bad calibration that will produce pedal dipping in curves. Doesn't have to be exactly 0°, eyeballing it works perfectly fine, it just has to be close enough to vertical.

Guest PogArt Artur
7 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

It's an advantage. If the wheel is tilted sideways too much, you get a bad calibration that will produce pedal dipping in curves. Doesn't have to be exactly 0°, eyeballing it works perfectly fine, it just has to be close enough to vertical.

Thank you for your comment my friend :)

At least I'm sure I've done the calibration just right :)

Archived