EUC Legality in Canada

The Moo

Well I see people in Victoria are complaining now.

https://www.timescolonist.com/local-news/after-e-bike-hits-pedestrian-a-call-for-slower-speeds-on-trails-7342048

Although the women complaining sounds like she still needs training wheels on her bike as she admits that she wobbles when going around obstacles. perhaps she needs to stay off the trails? And learn how to ride a bike in a safe spot versus endangering others as they try to pass. 

I’ve noticed here in GP that everyone seems to run, walk, bike with headphones and the music blaring.  You can tell, ding a bell etc and they still have no clue,  toss in they are head down and into their phone and you have issues.  

Regardless wtf is going on with people and the hate towards PEV’s in general. and it seems to be just this year or I’m seeing more articles about it. Granted I suspect a few of our members are being idiots with them and drawing attention to it.

2 hours ago, CDINPHX said:

Well I see people in Victoria are complaining now.

Around here along bike / pedestrian paths, I haven't seen any close calls or reckless riding. Riders who are travelling faster are skilled and experienced generally. A more common oopsies are the few pedestrians walking on dedicated bike paths. The pedestrian side is wide, and empty. Perhaps some may not have noticed the distinction. But there are others who are simply indifferent to the rules.

2 hours ago, CDINPHX said:

Regardless wtf is going on with people and the hate towards PEV’s in general.

I have come across a few pedaling bikers who think pev's riders are cheating, but not car drivers. Or something along these lines. But I am merely riding car replacement miles. And why would anyone care about other strangers' business. Very weird to me. It seems to me the underlying reason has more to do with the notion that it is OK if they pass others, but it's not OK if others pass them.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2