Met Parachute Helmet MK1 - arrived :)

Guest PogArt Artur

Guest PogArt Artur

Sometime ago I've mentioned,that I've ordered a second hand parachute helmet for just £20 quit.

I've had too many spending past days,regarding the wheel purchase,and to dressed up,so unfortunately I've decided to get used helmet to easy expenses...

This is actually the only helmet that caught my attention,regarding slim (transparent) looking chin bar.

I've noticed that some accidents happens,when the rider can not hear the signal warning coming out off the EUC...

When we can't hear such warning we're simply unaware that's something is going on,so I were looking for "open helmet" kind of bicycle helmet,to be able of hearing the sound warnings better?

This is why I went for this parachute helmet,especially at my newbie's learning curve.

I'm just sharing some pics with you,in case you're curious how it does fit...

Cheers.

IMG_23032019_142445_(900_x_1000_pixel).jpg

Guest PogArt Artur
1 minute ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Not sure how good a parachute helmet would fare in a crash. Are they comparable to downhill MTB or motorbike helmets? I've seen some parachute helmets (I believe) with a big fat "not for motorbikes" sticker in them.

Cheers for the comment @meepmeepmayer.

I'm not sure either,whether the parachute helmet can be comparable to the mentioned above or not?

Logically it's manufactured for exactly the same purpose - protect the head in case of fall/crash.

I'm confused why you've mention the motorbikes,though.

I'm consider EUC riding close to bicycle riding conditions (tell me if I'm wrong please), it has similar speed,similar enviroment of journeys...

In advance is better to get motorcycle helmet,especially if we've got a higher end EUC with much more power(speed).

But on my E+ and my newbie's tries to learn balance, I just can't be bothered regarding the helmet at the moment ;)

I bet I'm good with either bicycle or parachute helmet at the present stage ;) and in future,as I doubt I'm gonna ever go any faster than bicyclist ;)

Tell me if I'm wrong my friend please.

I'm just learning how to make my very first rides, and this is only my personal thoughts regarding helmets.

Guest PogArt Artur
6 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I only mentioned motorcycle helmets as people buy (full face) helmets for motorbikes or mountainbiking/enduro.

For biking speeds your helmet should certainly be ok:)

Thank you...

I've started worry if I'm thinking properly regarding the safety...

Thank you :)

Archived