Speed settings kingsong app?

Sverre

You have the option of getting 3 levels of warnings related to speed. Unless you enjoy riding around with a babbling or beeping wheel all the time, I suggest you do what most people do. Switch off the 2 first alarms by setting them to 0. Then set the 3rd alarm to something below the max. speed of the wheel. Set tiltback to something a bit above the 3rd alarm and that should keep most of the stuff out of your hair. 

Ditto to what MacPara said but I put the 3rd alarm and tilt back as far as they can go. I did this with my 14S and rode beeps and tilt back all day. I did have issues with the app not remembering my settings though. My advice: set it a couple times then never open the KS app again. Unless it didn't save....

From what I have read and experienced KingSong's built in speed limit is well below its cutoff speed so no need to worry about cutoffs (on flat ground with full battery). I have had the wheel tilt forward all of a sudden when going up a 22 degree incline with a low battery. Once I slowed down due to gravity the wheel straightened out again half a second later. Did not fall, just scared me a little.

27 minutes ago, MacPara said:

You have the option of getting 3 levels of warnings related to speed. Unless you enjoy riding around with a babbling or beeping wheel all the time, I suggest you do what most people do. Switch off the 2 first alarms by setting them to 0. Then set the 3rd alarm to something below the max. speed of the wheel. Set tiltback to something a bit above the 3rd alarm and that should keep most of the stuff out of your hair. 

Thank you, I had a feeling that it was the way to go. I just got a bit disconcerned withe Kingsongs disclaimer. DO NOT TURN OFF THESE ALARMS IF YOU WANT TO STAY ALIVE.

Archived