Ninebot One S2 buzzer fix and teardown pics

null

My Ninebot One S2 went literally flying the other day and the crash resulted in the beeper sounding weirdly distorted.

As I was anyway worried that anything might be loose, I disassembled it for inspection. There aren't many teardown pictures of this wheel, so I post these as ref. The overall layout is quite elegant, especially the cooler of the control board. 

The buzzer was the only thing holding with hot glue, and had gotten loose. Not being held by the frame didn't allow the piezo piece to do its job properly. Some glue gun and it was up and running as loud as ever.

I would't recommend the teardown just for fun, you wear out clips and could put tension / wear on many crucial cables. However, pas the first layer of violent clips (and you have to do both sides) it is not too difficult.

IMG_0659.jpg

IMG_0654.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

IMG_0650.jpg

IMG_0649.jpg

57256449240__23E2E2AA-E332-4524-9957-91E19F3AB1BD.jpg

IMG_0672.jpg

IMG_0668.jpg

IMG_0666.jpg

IMG_0665.jpg

IMG_0664.jpg

IMG_0662.jpg

• 6 months later...

Thanks for taking the time to upload some photos!

Is it relatively easy to take apart? I wont be going down to the bottom like you! I just want to pop off the outer casing and either spray or vinyl wrap it 

• 3 weeks later...

Its easy to take apart if you don't have issues with the plastic plugs holding the pedals in place. I had to force  a screwdriver into them and try and twist them out which was a pain. If you get past that stage, its really simple. 
Have patience putting the rubber gaskets back on when re-assembling as they can sometimes be hard to seat.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I got my buzzer beeping weird and kind of low, so I suspect I have the same issue as yours. I was not able to locate the buzzer position on your photos, and also where it should be glued back. Could you point me that?

Expecting to waste an afternoon to fix it. Not sure if I will have fun, but that will definitely cost less than a possible broken leg and hospital bill...

Thanks buddy

• Like 1

Indeed there weren't any clear pictures of the buzzer, a bit stupid of me :)

Anyhow it is the cylinder you see on the left here. You can find the positioning from the hole under the handle. The buzzer just holds with hot glue, it was so simple I don’t think of pictures.

The most difficult part IMO was unclipsing they side panels. You need to use the pedal brackets as lever and the clips go the wrong way: when you pull they dig deeper 🙄 

Good luck, nothing too bad, just be careful of cabling :)

• Like 1