Add batteries to NB Z10 to increase braking power?

EUCMania

We know that when braking, NBZ10 only recharge one battery pack. This prevents the control board to send more current generated by braking to the battery. One pack is 14S3P. So, the max charging current allowed, assuming it is LG MH1,  is 1C = 3.2A for 1P. or 3.2*3=9.6A for 3P. Even if we increase it to 20A, it is not a big current for braking purpose.

I remember someone here mentioned that some Russians added battery cells to NBz10. I wonder that if they did parallel connection to the pack that charges when braking. If yes, does that improve braking performance of z10?

On 11/3/2018 at 10:10 PM, EUCMania said:

We know that when braking, NBZ10 only recharge one battery pack. This prevents the control board to send more current generated by braking to the battery. One pack is 14S3P. So, the max charging current allowed, assuming it is LG MH1,  is 1C = 3.2A for 1P. or 3.2*3=9.6A for 3P. Even if we increase it to 20A, it is not a big current for braking purpose.

I remember someone here mentioned that some Russians added battery cells to NBz10. I wonder that if they did parallel connection to the pack that charges when braking. If yes, does that improve braking performance of z10?

I wonder if they added, or just replaced the cells with better ones.  Seems easier to replace on the Z10, but have not ripped it apart.

Archived