Ninebot Speed limiter

awol166

Hi guys,

i would like to know whether there is the possibility to disable the speed limiter which is constantly dropping the longer i am riding. I suppose it was introduced with on of the last firmware updates to have an accurate milage calculation but its a bummer that its constantly reducing from 41,38,35,31,...

• 2 weeks later...

This kind of speed limiting can be found on most, if not all wheels. This is related to the fact that your battery, technically when loosing ‘charge’, it’s voltage decreases and therefore is not able to deliver full power (remember, power in W is a function of voltage V times Amperes A) to ensure maintaining full speed and having enough safety margin for unforeseen peaks (going over bumps, through potholes, ...) at the same time.

This is perfectly normal and you wouldn’t want to deactivate it. If you did, the risk would be your wheel letting you down all of a sudden (pun intended) in a situation where peak power is required to maintain speed and balance. Technically speaking it would need more power than the battery can deliver and just cuts off due to overload.

It is true though that depending on the brand, this limit seems to be implemented in different ways.

The best way to work around this is to get a wheel with higher max speed than what you actually would ride (e.g. max speed 40km/h, riding at 28 km/h). The limiter feels to be kicking in at a later point in time. 

On 9/16/2018 at 2:23 AM, awol166 said:

Hi guys,

i would like to know whether there is the possibility to disable the speed limiter which is constantly dropping the longer i am riding. I suppose it was introduced with on of the last firmware updates to have an accurate milage calculation but its a bummer that its constantly reducing from 41,38,35,31,...

Which Ninebot do you have?

Archived