hey all

Qualz

Hi people,

Glad i found this forum, i saw a guy at 5am on his way to the train station on an EU while i was out running the other day and have spent the best part of this week swamped in looking at what to purchase, to the point im completely lost!.

so ive decide i want to buy from uk for service and warranty peace of mind, i dont want something that i will want to upgrade as soon as ive got the hang of it, and i dont want to spend £1500!

ive just seen the ips 111 the 2nd gen one available from a company in london and even though its not cheap it "looks" like it ticks all the boxes and i know from reading the forum a few of you have/are getting these, my biggest concern is the putting down of all the "solowheel copies" by some folk , now im 41 years old so know that you cant believe everything you read and im a much more comfortable listening to real user comments than marketing bs,

so at just over £600 is the ips a good investmant, im a personal trainer/fitness instructor so im looking at part using it during my pt sessions to make thing interesting for my clients whilst ofcourse becoming a master myself.......!

so for me it will mainly be hobby/fun but hoping to use a lot more than i can imagine untill i get one.

anyway hi again

Adam (canterbury uk) :-)

Can't help you on the IPS choice since I cannot get it overhere.

But rest assured, once you get used to riding whatever EU you choose, you will be using it for trips and things you didn't anticipate.

If you're going to be spending decent money then I would make sure you have a larger battery than most basic entry-level EUs out there (i.e. >250wh). The short range of a 132wh battery is already getting tiresome for me. Also, I could do with some more power >350W (for going up/down curbs easier and rough surfaces) and a higher top speed after only a couple of weeks riding.

Note, there is nothing wrong with getting a lower power, smaller battery one only if you don't pay much for it. Mine was fairly cheap so I'm not too upset when I bash it around and drop it (and you will drop yours many times while learning).

Personally having only been into these things for a couple of months, I'm glad I didn't spend too much for a first EU - After I've got some more kms under my belt, I'll probably upgrade knowing exactly what I want and not worrying about spending a little more because risk of damaging it would be much less than my first EU. I would be able to use my current EU to help teach friends and get them into it.

Can't help you on the IPS choice since I cannot get it overhere.

But rest assured, once you get used to riding whatever EU you choose, you will be using it for trips and things you didn't anticipate.

Maybe because I'm still new to it but I'll find any excuse to go for a ride, no matter how short that trip is :)

It's a great piece of kit but as you will have already read a little slower than some.  That didn't stop me from getting two, my first was being used by my son all the time so I had to get a second for me to use.  It is definitely 5x as much fun when there are two so maybe if you intend using it with your clients you'll need a second.  At least you will once they've learnt how to ride one.

Archived