First day didnot go as good as I would have hoped

Donafello

I'm not sure if you'll be able to see this, but giving it a try:

I am making progress! I can start without support, but with it is easier. I can do left turns although they're far from elegant. Right turns not so much. I can get off before I tumble and stay upright reasonably well. When I get the hang of right turns I shall start to venture further afar. I'm still trying to grip with my feet and making my feet cramp up, though, which is usually what makes me come back inside after about 20 minutes. Still sticking at it though!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure if you'll be able to see this, but giving it a try:

I am making progress! I can start without support, but with it is easier. I can do left turns although they're far from elegant. Right turns not so much. I can get off before I tumble and stay upright reasonably well. When I get the hang of right turns I shall start to venture further afar. I'm still trying to grip with my feet and making my feet cramp up, though, which is usually what makes me come back inside after about 20 minutes. Still sticking at it though!

Wow that's great progress.  Keep it up.  You seem pretty stable on it once your moving.  It's all practice and muscle memory.  You'll be flying around town before you know it.  Great job

• 2 weeks later...

I did a trip of about 1.5 miles to my local lake and back on it the other day. I think I've got the hang of it at last! I did walk up the steeper hills and nearly collided with an unleashed dog that got excited, but it worked out pretty well overall. Success!

• 2 weeks later...

I've had my King Song about a week now and haven't made much progress yet,not too bad with using a railing or wall etc but if I let go I sort of panic and have to jump off,can't for the life of me jump on it yet without holding onto something,hope I get the confidence to do it soon ??

Archived