I own a KS 16s and I don’t know how to unlock it

claudioagmfilho

I would like to ride it at 35 km/h now, I don’t know how to unlock the KS 16s, and another question is: after you have already unlocked it? So you can  ride it, at 35km/h

How do you know it or where can you see it at? 

anyone? Please help.

thank you, so much for your time...

11 minutes ago, claudioagmfilho said:

I would like to ride it at 35 km/h now, I don’t know how to unlock the KS 16s, and another question is: after you have already unlocked it? So you can  ride it, at 35km/h

How do you know it or where can you see it at? 

anyone? Please help.

thank you, so much for your time...

Installing the App:
It's best to use this earlier version of the App to unlock the Wheel's speed. http://images.ewheels.c om/KSv4.apk

For IOS, it's installed directly from the Apple store: https://itunes.apple.co m/us/app/kingsong-new/id111558 0357?mt=8

Once the Wheel has been unlocked, you can then uninstall this v
 & update to v5, which has some more features, such as customising the side LEDs.

Security Permissions for the v4 App on Android:
If you're using Android, you'll likely need to go the settings, Apps, Configure Apps, App Permissions & enable the 'Location' for the King Song App.

Unlocking the Speed Potential:
Out of the box, the Wheel is electronically controlled to a maximum speed of 12MPH. 
The easiest way to obtain the unlock code is to use the below online generator tool (link below). It requires the Wheel's serial number, found in the 'Speed Limit Decoding' section of the App. When entering the value into the ISN field on the online Unlocker tool, please use the colon symbol [:] between each two characters, otherwise it will generate an 'unrecognized' error—when entering the code through the App, no special formatting is needed.

The App interface is not the best, if any of the values are outside the permitted range, it defaults to 18/19/20/20kph settings. Combination that works best for maximum performance is 0/0/35/35kph (for 16S).  

Speed Unlock Tool

Calibration:
When performing the Wheel calibration, please make sure that the Wheel is positioned upright, at the pitch angle at which you to ride out. The instructions on the App are not very clear on this point.

Day-to-Day App:
Once you unlocked your King Song, we recommend using either the WheelLog App (Android), or Darknessbot (IOS), created by Customers seeking an improved interface. WheelLog does not have the ability to unlock the speed, perform calibration, or set other commands to the Wheel (this still needs to be done with the Factory App); however, it's a significant improvement for checking stats & battery info.

It is a real nightmare to unlock.

i eventually managed to do it last week.

i borrowed an Android phone and used the old version of the app in the end. Then on my iPhone I just deleted the Kingsong app and use darkness bot all the time 

Thank you, I think I have unclocked it by now...

For  it is already showing now my stop speed as being 60km/h  for like 5 derivations I mean for like the first beep, second and stuff it goes all the way to 60 does this mean it is unlocked? 

In other words the top speeds for the second and third beeps are showing 60 km am hour...

Is that it? when your wheel is unlocked?

11 hours ago, wehey said:

It is a real nightmare to unlock.

i eventually managed to do it last week.

i borrowed an Android phone and used the old version of the app in the end. Then on my iPhone I just deleted the Kingsong app and use darkness bot all the time 

For  it is already showing now my stop speed as being 60km/h  for like 5 derivations I mean for like the first beep, second and stuff it goes all the way to 60 does this mean it is unlocked? 

In other words the top speeds for the second and third beeps are showing 60 km am hour...

15 hours ago, Marcglider said:
Installing the App:
It's best to use this earlier version of the App to unlock the Wheel's speed. http://images.ewheels.c om/KSv4.apk

For IOS, it's installed directly from the Apple store: https://itunes.apple.co m/us/app/kingsong-new/id111558 0357?mt=8

Once the Wheel has been unlocked, you can then uninstall this v
 & update to v5, which has some more features, such as customising the side LEDs.

Security Permissions for the v4 App on Android:
If you're using Android, you'll likely need to go the settings, Apps, Configure Apps, App Permissions & enable the 'Location' for the King Song App.

Unlocking the Speed Potential:
Out of the box, the Wheel is electronically controlled to a maximum speed of 12MPH. 
The easiest way to obtain the unlock code is to use the below online generator tool (link below). It requires the Wheel's serial number, found in the 'Speed Limit Decoding' section of the App. When entering the value into the ISN field on the online Unlocker tool, please use the colon symbol [:] between each two characters, otherwise it will generate an 'unrecognized' error—when entering the code through the App, no special formatting is needed.

The App interface is not the best, if any of the values are outside the permitted range, it defaults to 18/19/20/20kph settings. Combination that works best for maximum performance is 0/0/35/35kph (for 16S).  

Speed Unlock Tool

Calibration:
When performing the Wheel calibration, please make sure that the Wheel is positioned upright, at the pitch angle at which you to ride out. The instructions on the App are not very clear on this point.

Day-to-Day App:
Once you unlocked your King Song, we recommend using either the WheelLog App (Android), or Darknessbot (IOS), created by Customers seeking an improved interface. WheelLog does not have the ability to unlock the speed, perform calibration, or set other commands to the Wheel (this still needs to be done with the Factory App); however, it's a significant improvement for checking stats & battery info.

For  it is already showing now my stop speed as being 60km/h  for like 5 derivations I mean for like the first beep, second and stuff it goes all the way to 60 does this mean it is unlocked? 

if you can move the slider past 20 on 4 than it is unlocked... you need to decide if and what speed you want alarms to sound... I used what jason recommended and also what I read on this forum and I am good with it... I dont spend much time going over 18mph on my 16S  so I dont like the beeping so I have it right at tiltback...

Archived