Hall Sensor Steering Wiring and Specs

Hello all,

I am wondering if anyone has taken electronic measurements of the steering hall sensor array as to voltage input and output etc.

Also, if anyone has a Steering Sensor array wiring diagram.  I am contemplating a parallel mini Hall sensor steering input that is exogenous to the robust hall sensor and Spring steel input.

Thank you all for your consideration of my requests.

Very Best Regards,

Jim

10 hours ago, James E. Hamman said:

Hello all,

I am wondering if anyone has taken electronic measurements of the steering hall sensor array as to voltage input and output etc.

Somehwere in this topic there are imo hall sensor measurements - but for the hall sensors inside the BLDC motor of EUC's.

Also, if anyone has a Steering Sensor array wiring diagram.  I am contemplating a parallel mini Hall sensor steering input that is exogenous to the robust hall sensor and Spring steel input.

How does an EUC has a Steering Sensor? You go the wrong subforum, i'd assume? ?

"This is NOT for the "Ninebot Mini" (which is two-wheeled).  That belongs in the Ninebot Mini Forum"

Therefore moved this topic to "Ninebot Mini, Segway MiniPRO, Xiaomi Mini, Airwheel S8 or equivalent"

Thank you all for your consideration of my requests.

Very Best Regards,

Jim

On 4/25/2018 at 1:15 AM, James E. Hamman said:

Also, if anyone has a Steering Sensor array wiring diagram.

hi, look there...
https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/6990-reversing-minipro-steering-sensor/?page=4&tab=comments#comment-103429

and

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/8507-joy-stick-control/?tab=comments#comment-123956

Greeting Donald

Dear Donald,

Is it possible to splice into the hall sensor wiring and place a second Hall effect Potentiometer such as an APEM HR series proportional single axis thumb control Hall control?

Would two hall sensors in parallel wiring interfere with one another? (Assuming only ONE or the Other is being used at any one time)  This would be in essence to not use the on board Hall sensor.   The APEM sensor is also a 5V input.  Would this mean soldering to the sensor board?

Thank you for this clarification.  

Very Best Regards,

Jim 

IMG_0842.jpg

9 hours ago, James E. Hamman said:

Would two hall sensors in parallel wiring interfere with one another?

No, this is not possible.
Both outputs work against each other, which gives a short circuit

9 hours ago, James E. Hamman said:

Assuming only ONE or the Other is being used at any one time

With a switch you could choose between both Hall sensors.

Both sensors simultaneously only works with additional electronics.
For example, an operational amplifier (OP) as summing amplifier for both sensors.

Donald

On 5/4/2018 at 9:23 AM, donaldduck8 said:

you can try this schematic:

Switch.thumb.jpg.fbbcddb09eb43dd8fa37049e6db40675.jpg

For the switch, you can take any single-pole switch.

Donald

Donald Thank you so much. I have another question.  Would it be safer to split the Positive power input to the hall instead of the voltage coming out?  What is the pro vs con of splitting the output from the hall?  Thank you again sir for your guidance.

Very Best Regards,

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Archived