ColoradoQuattro

Full Members
  • Last visited

Profile Information

• EUC
    Kingsong S18

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

ColoradoQuattro's Achievements

Contributor

Contributor (5/14)

• Reacting Well
  • First Post
  • Collaborator
  • Week One Done
  • One Month Later

Recent Badges

1. Just looked it up and there are some pretty screaming deals on it... Would imagine that in one's hands, the differences are pretty night and day - but how substantial a change is this in the overall riding experience?
  2. I can only imagine how many views that would get on Youtube...
  3. I noticed when I turned on the option in the app that there were several more beeps at various points in time, and the wheel definitely seemed to lack power with the handle up. Figured that must be the "feature" at work. Promptly shut that off and resumed doing what I've been doing. The default wheel spinning behavior when you pick it up is annoying, but it isn't THAT annoying.
  4. Nuke it from orbit - it's the only way to be sure. I'm sure that dude's the best EUC rider on the internet. You convinced me to buy a K262... I probably don't need one either. lol. So, uh.. Eve... Can you clarify please? Does the lift handle setting control the behavior that you were alluding (eluding?) to? You were supposed to wish me luck! My blood could have been on your hands! lol...
  5. Nice.. I still had that switched off.. Had learned to work around the weirdness.. But re: ride with the handle in lift up to some magic number and the S18 goes all OneWheel on you.. ? Does that setting control that behavior? I just turned it on.. Headed out now.. wish me luck!
  6. Not sure on the setting.. Is the ability to disable the lift function available or required in the original fw rev (2.03?)? I specifically avoided upgrading to leave the functionality unchanged, but would gladly upgrade to resolve the issue. Haven't followed up on it, obviously.. It's been a while since I've been in the settings and I seem to recall that setting, but I might be making it up. Wouldn't know, I don't think.. I think I've got the first buzzer set to go off at 15mph and I've only done it a few times. Looking forward to more traction! Will look in the am (later). Will put some white lightning on the joints, pull those blocks, and see what happens.. Sorry about my sarcasm re:the blocks before - I thought I was being asked if I'd removed the spacer after filling the shock. Learned something new... "More responsive" sounds good.... Thank you!
  7. Nope! lol... This thing already gets dropped like a bad habit... It's a real testament to the build quality actually - especially for this "flaky" handle! Maybe one day, but not today... and probably not tomorrow either!
  8. FInally! At long last! The follow up to my weak ass shock testing and riding videos! lol... Saved some dope-ass tracks for this one though, and this is definitely my best video so far. Rode this am on the 250/125 and it was pretty good.. Let a little air out - don't actually know how much... It's very good. Not night and day different, but very good. Anyway, without further ado...
  9. What's a pedal hangar? lol.. j/k... Yeah.. Haven't had a chance to ride it again yet, but will tomorrow.
  10. Thanks for that info.. I will let you know how it goes.. At this point, I'm just trying to bookend this thing.. I realize that I will end up somewhere in the middle. Really just want to see what the other side of the coin is like! One other note... I do not have the Oh-fish-all KingSong approved universal fitting block (TM) with me, so I used a wood spacer block I use for a variety of home woodworking projects... Fits the width perfectly, and the height sits exactly at 2.5", so splitting your split difference here exactly. Sun's coming out again, so more to come shortly.
  11. Rebound is set all the way to fast... So, just checked the pressures and topped off. The upper chamber, filled to 250+, with the block, was at 185, give or take. The lower chamber was at about 100. I forced the shock into as compressed a position as I could and sat on it, and topped it off to 275/200 and gave it a bounce. Definitely different. Not necessarily better, but different for sure.. So from there, I did a little messing about and now have it at a confirmed, no block, 250/125. Of course, it's also started to really rain for the first time in about 2 months, so it'll be a few minutes before I do more than jump up and down on it to test, but I will let you guys know how it goes. Thanks so much for all the feedback!
  12. It appears that talent, skill, and balls make all the difference... Going to drop your S18 in the drink? Nah, send it.. Oh yeah... and pads.
  13. Well, I guess.. if you're into that sort of thing... lol.. That's awesome. Yeah - will take the pads.
  14. Since looking at the photo again, I really think this is a bit of a red herring... I can bounce up and down on this and articulate the suspension no problem... No catching or noise, no resistance... If anything, I think maybe I need a lower overall pressure, and a higher neg/pos ratio to even out the higher profile mixed terrain up here (or maybe the reverse - will have to play with it some more). Going to try that next.. Also going to blow all the dust out of everything. Not going to wd40 anything as that'll only turn to mud on the next trip out, but I'll grab a video of hitting it with the air compressor and post it if it's any good... Before I do anything else though, I am going to drop the tire psi a bit and will give it a ride as is.. Probably 75% higher pressure than before.. will post the results in a few. Okay.. Back from one of the normal routes.. Dropped the tire pressure to "feels about right" which resolved much of the ride quality issue, and I'm inclined to agree that there's probably more to gain on the top end of the adjustment. Videos are copying... Will make a couple of basic cuts just to make it watchable at upload them no editing for smoothness, or anti smoothness or what have you.