MCM4 tiltback when new

How long until the tiltback can be changed to go above slow speed? It tilts back at what seems to be 11 mph. It only has 20km on it. It is like it is stuck on beginner mode even when its set in comfort or hard mode.

1 hour ago, eucom said:

It is like it is stuck on beginner mode even when its set in comfort or hard mode.

I’ll let someone who knows the Gotway wheels better answer your main question but Comfort or Hard mode has absolutely nothing to do with speed, it is there to set how hard or soft the peddles feel when riding it, a softer mode allows the peddles to tilt forward and backwards more when you lean - I.e. it feels like the wheel has a softer suspension.

Speed of the warnings and tiltback will be set elsewhere in the app. Perhaps this thread may be of help?

Or this one:

3 hours ago, eucom said:

How long until the tiltback can be changed to go above slow speed? It tilts back at what seems to be 11 mph. It only has 20km on it. It is like it is stuck on beginner mode even when its set in comfort or hard mode.

Gotway places zero restrictions on tiltback speeds. Simply connect your app to the wheel and change the tilt-back to whatever speed you want. Read what @Keith writes regards the soft/hard modes.

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Gotway places zero restrictions on tiltback speeds. Simply connect your app to the wheel and change the tilt-back to whatever speed you want. Read what @Keith writes regards the soft/hard modes.

Thanks. I am definitely getting tiltback on the downhills at mid range speed. When I open the app the checkmark isn't there. It isn't until I place the checkmark that it beeps it understood. But then I open the section again and the check mark is gone. Its like the app forgets where it was set. However the hard/soft mode remains.  I'll take the tilt to very high and see if it's still limiting.  Thanks for the replies.

3 hours ago, eucom said:

Thanks. I am definitely getting tiltback on the downhills at mid range speed. When I open the app the checkmark isn't there. It isn't until I place the checkmark that it beeps it understood. But then I open the section again and the check mark is gone. Its like the app forgets where it was set. However the hard/soft mode remains.  I'll take the tilt to very high and see if it's still limiting.  Thanks for the replies.

The Gotway app is well known to not show the actual settings. So when you set the tilt-back speed you have to trust that it was accepted. As a first time users I would recommend that you set the value to something very (10kph) low and then confirm that it activates at that speed. Then change it to the value that you really want.

Think I figured it out. I was still getting tilt back even when app is set to 40kmh. I found this in another thread:

"Hi, I am Linnea from GotWay. The max tilt back speed setting is 24km/h, or you can only cancel it. Once the speed reach the 80% max speed, it will tilt back again to continue speed up, this is so called power beeping. This is the final safe beeping for the MCM4. Thanks!"

So even though the settings are higher, you will still get tilt back at 24km/h irregardless of how high the setting.  You have to turn it off to not get tilt past 24. Which is like 14mph, not necessarily quick.

I think they do this because tilt back after that point would require more from the battery, which could result in high speed, then shut off. Recipe for disaster.

I would probably only turn tilt back on in bad weather to limit my speed. But the mcm4 seems pretty fast, dont know if I'd want to go for acm or more for more speed. Its fast enough for me, ill keep the beep alarms on.

Archived