V5F Tire Scraping and Resistance

pentachen

Hello all, bought a V5F from @Jason McNeil two months ago -- really nice guy!

Anyways, I've had ~100km on the wheel so far and it's been handling Seattle and Pittsburgh hills nicely, but today it started having a strange resistance while spinning.  Can't use it anymore because it keeps jerking left and right.  It sounded like the tire was rubbing up against something, but when I shined a flashlight and peered between the shell and wheel, I can't see anything blocking it.  Has anyone experienced this before and know how to fix it?

1 hour ago, pentachen said:

Can't use it anymore because it keeps jerking left and right.  It sounded like the tire was rubbing up against something,

V8's have been known to rub tyres, but I do not recall V5's doing it, also if it was just rubbing I do not believe it would jerk left/right. Forwards/backwards yes, but not left/right. This suggests that somewhere between the wheel and the case something is loose or broken. 

It is probably a good idea to speak to @Jason McNeil  as it is in warrantee, but first you might want to see, with it powered off, if there is any sideways movement/play between the case, wheel and possibly peddles and whether, if so it might just be something loose?

Has the EUC taken any hard knocks just before this happened

@Ombre I'll check the PSI, but would it behave strangely all of a sudden just because the pressure was too low? Wouldn't the tire just be a little flat? 

@Keith I shot Jason an email, but I think he's asleep right now. There doesn't seem to be any wiggling in the case when it's off and the wheel rolls fine when I'm just pushing it with a hand. The sidewalks here are pretty bad but I wouldn't say they're "hard knock" territory. I rolled up a shallow hill to get back home yesterday without issue. Charged it, but then almost got bucked off today leaving the house. 

Archived