Video

Raptor

• 2 months later...

Hi !

I bought a cheap but good camera . If you have an interest , you can buy it here   https://www.banggood.com/EKEN-H9R-Sports-Action-Camera-4K-Ultra-HD-2_4G-Remote-WiFi-170-Degree-Wide-Angle-p-1057866.html?rmmds=search

I ffixed to the helmet, with the attached comes with helmet Mounts : https://photos.app.goo.gl/1XD4qAqQB7EPptND3

Test videos :

2017-10-16 12.39.50.jpg

2017-10-16 01.07.44.png

2017-10-16 12.37.42.jpg

Nice videos from Estonia. I hope you continue to share many more.

I have a similar camera (WiMiUS L2) with a different name which looks identical but costs a little more. I was surprised, too, by the quality of the output, but it needs color grading in post processing, moreso than the GoPro or Yi. Still, for the price it isn't bad. It also lacks digital or image stabilization which is very noticeable. Luckily, you live in a place where the roads, paths and sidewalks were built to higher standards. ;) I have tried warp stabilizer in Premiere but the results were underwhelming and generally worse. I am waiting for Yi to match the stabilization features of the latest GoPro 6 at a better price.

I like the way you have the camera mounted to the chin bar of the helmet, enabling you to see the display and frame the shot better. I have attached mine to the existing mount on top of my Bell Super, and control the camera with the iPhone app which works well, but it drops the connection often. I have also tried chest-mounting the camera which provides a better angle and makes the video more personal, as the camera is about the same height as pedestrians and captures their facial expressions at slower speed. Otherwise, helmet mounting looks down on passersby whether on foot or bicycle and depersonalizes the experience. Unfortunately, chest-mounting exaggerates the see-saw effect, which bothers me when riding an EUC in urban areas, where slowing down occurs frequently, so I generally chop the video into short clips.

I have also experimented with a gimbal and iPhone + (too heavy and impractical for wearable mounting in my opinion). I think the best option is a small action cam with better optics and processors, which appears to be on the horizon.

5 hours ago, litewave said:

I have a similar camera (WiMiUS L2) with a different name which looks identical but costs a little more. I was surprised, too, by the quality of the output, but it needs color grading in post processing, moreso than the GoPro or Yi. Still, for the price it isn't bad. It also lacks digital or image stabilization which is very noticeable. Luckily, you live in a place where the roads, paths and sidewalks were built to higher standards. ;) I have tried warp stabilizer in Premiere but the results were underwhelming and generally worse. I am waiting for Yi to match the stabilization features of the latest GoPro 6 at a better price.

I like the way you have the camera mounted to the chin bar of the helmet, enabling you to see the display and frame the shot better. I have attached mine to the existing mount on top of my Bell Super, and control the camera with the iPhone app which works well, but it drops the connection often. I have also tried chest-mounting the camera which provides a better angle and makes the video more personal, as the camera is about the same height as pedestrians and captures their facial expressions at slower speed. Otherwise, helmet mounting looks down on passersby whether on foot or bicycle and depersonalizes the experience. Unfortunately, chest-mounting exaggerates the see-saw effect, which bothers me when riding an EUC in urban areas, where slowing down occurs frequently, so I generally chop the video into short clips.

I have also experimented with a gimbal and iPhone + (too heavy and impractical for wearable mounting in my opinion). I think the best option is a small action cam with better optics and processors, which appears to be on the horizon.

I also ordered this but has not arrived yet  : 

And also this, selfie + tripod yet :  

But I not still have some clarity about how I use it and where I can confirm it  .:)

5 hours ago, litewave said:

3 hours ago, Raptor said:

I also ordered this but has not arrived yet  : 

And also this, selfie + tripod yet :  

But I not still have some clarity about how I use it and where I can confirm it  .:)

It will be nice to see the videos you make when all the gear arrives.

I have avoided selfie sticks while riding because I don't want the hassle or the risk. I do appreciate all the contributors to this site who are willing to make videos with them, though. I did use the Feiyu Tech FY-ST 2-Axis Gimbal for Smartphones with my iPhone for a while as I mentioned, but only as a wearable. The Feiyu was heavy, and when combined with an iPhone, it was ungainly and weird to wear on the helmet or chest. It also didn't keep the phone level all the time. With an action cam, a gimbal combo should be manageable, but I'm holding out for the Yi's comeback to the GoPro 6 to avoid all the excess baggage.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

Arrived ordered things ! I also made the first test rides . Unfortunately, dark and cold weather has arrived in our northern region.

So, both ,drive to home and to work is low-light . However, the gimbal work can anyway be seen .

• 1 month later...

Archived