Forum search countdown timer

I doubt this is an option but is there any way to disable the search box during the search cool down period? I've done a lot of searching since finding the forum as I didn't want to repeat questions people had already asked, but OMG it is annoying to type in search criteria and then have it tell you to wait 5 more seconds AND have it clear out the search box.

If this isn't an option then is there a way that retains the search criteria in the search box so you can just click again in 5 seconds rather than retyping the keywords?

Just some QoL suggestions that might make searching more user friendly and so reduce duplicate threads from searchers that gave up and just asked again in the forum.

3 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

I doubt this is an option but is there any way to disable the search box during the search cool down period? I've done a lot of searching since finding the forum as I didn't want to repeat questions people had already asked, but OMG it is annoying to type in search criteria and then have it tell you to wait 5 more seconds AND have it clear out the search box.

If this isn't an option then is there a way that retains the search criteria in the search box so you can just click again in 5 seconds rather than retyping the keywords?

Just some QoL suggestions that might make searching more user friendly and so reduce duplicate threads from searchers that gave up and just asked again in the forum.

Can you just use Google? It's superior. Put this in the search box at Google:
site:forum.electricunicycle.org whatever blah blah

Archived