Ninebot One S2 is not charging

TastyWithPasta

On 12/27/2016 at 5:12 AM, TastyWithPasta said:

Hello again everyone!

After trying almost everything, tech support gave me a working solution. It turns out the ninebot one goes into some sort of "sleep mode" if the battery remains unused for a long period of time. It prevents the machine from charging and turning on. 

The tech support was the dealer's (not Segway's), and I feel there may be some extraneous steps in there, but hey, it worked! 

For those out there who suffered from the same issues, here are the steps to get out of this "sleep mode": 

• Make sure the Ninebot One S2 is unplugged.
  • Open both battery slots. Disconnect black and orange connectors on both sides (as said above, do not pull on the wires, ONLY the connectors).
  • Plug-in the charger.
  • Connect the black connectors only. If you see the charging light blinking red and green, it means it's working.
  • After the light turns red, wait a few hours until everything is fully charged.
  • When the light is green, plug the yellow connectors back. The light turns red again. Wait once more until it is fully charged.  On a sidenote, I tried to turn it on right after plugging the yellow connectors. The devices powered on correctly but the app informed me that only one battery was connected. A bit scary, but this notification disappeared once the device was fully charged and the firmware updated.
  • That's it! Once fully charged, make sure to sync with the app, update the firmware and check the battery status. 

Hi we have a ninebot  minipro, just out of box and will not power on. What should we do?

On 10/28/2017 at 3:01 PM, Keith said:

@Sckid, welcome to the forum. Please ensure you post in the correct place. I have moved your post to the correct Mini pro section.

you might also want to read the posts in this section, the discussion immediately below this topic for example is discussing problems with Mini Pro’s being dead on arrival.

• 1 month later...

I tried the outlined procedure on my S1 and it didn't work.  But, it is slowly charging.  Up 10% overnight to 26% now.  The unicycle works too, but the light on the charger is still green.

I completely pulled the batteries and they both blink green so they are good (red is bad).  The status LED is facing the wheel so it cannot be read without complete removal of the battery.

I bet it takes days to get to a full charge so this crippling of the charge rate will suck.  I have tried two different chargers so I know that is not the issue.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 3/8/2017 at 2:03 AM, captainwells said:

I had the same problem on my Ninebot One A1 after not riding or charging it for a year.  This procedure fixed it.  Thanks @TastyWithPasta!

I Have The Same Problem And Tried Above Instruction But No Changes Charger Light Still Green...Please Advice If We Can Check The Battery To Charge Direct Through Charger...If Yes Then How...Please Help & Obelize..

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/28/2019 at 2:52 PM, Reeler said:

I tried the outlined procedure on my S1 and it didn't work.  But, it is slowly charging.  Up 10% overnight to 26% now.  The unicycle works too, but the light on the charger is still green.

I completely pulled the batteries and they both blink green so they are good (red is bad).  The status LED is facing the wheel so it cannot be read without complete removal of the battery.

I bet it takes days to get to a full charge so this crippling of the charge rate will suck.  I have tried two different chargers so I know that is not the issue.

That's what I'm stuck on now too... Had it off during the winter... Now it won't charge.

I already tried a different charger, and did the 'disconnect orange and black on both sides, reconnect black, charge'... Overnight, I get 20% charge, but it still stays green.. I think the batteries are dead. I'll try swapping them with batteries from my other ninebot

• 10 months later...

thinking about buying this and try to fix for my son. Anyone thing it’s worth the chance? 

Selling my brother’s Segway electric unicycle that was over $300 new and also knee pads and a couple pairs of wrist guards.

This is a very unique scooter and my brother would often go for miles on it as it’s quite a workout. It’s heavy duty and the tire is like a bicycle tire - it’s inflated to 35psi.

My brother has even made a basket on our basketball hoop while operating! Pairing the Segway app to your phone is pretty cool too to show you details about the unicycle such as battery levels, total mileage, mileage remaining, etc. Other customizations too. 

Price is negotiable because the two batteries are down to about 13 percent and the charger doesn’t seem to be charging the unit anymore. It could be a very simple fix such as fixing the port or replacing the charger, but I don’t have time to look into it to figure it out.

Here’s a great video about the S1:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OK5uvtN3q3Q