EUC Forum Questionnaire (for school)

Electric Dreams

I'm doing a class where I introduce a website/community to my classmates and I have chosen to do it on this forum.

Please take the time to help me with my project. Detailed responses are very appreciated.

Why did you start using the forum?
What does the forum mean for you?
How would you describe the community?
How did your passionate for electric unicycles start?
What do you feel is different about the forum and the Facebook group(what does one offer that the other doesn’t)?
The facebook page I'm referring to is this one: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElectricUnicycle/
Why has this forum become the dominant place for everyone to gather?
What do you find useful about this forum?
What do you think could improve about the forum?
What do you see for the future of this community, what are your guesses and projections for this EUC community?

Thanks

Jack

52 minutes ago, Jack Frost said:

I'm doing a class where I introduce a website/community to my classmates and I have chosen to do it on this forum.

Please take the time to help me with my project. Detailed responses are very appreciated.

What do you feel is different about the forum and the Facebook group(what does one offer that the other doesn’t)?
The facebook page I'm referring to is this one: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElectricUnicycle/
What do you see for the future of this community, what are your guesses and projections for this EUC community?

Thanks

Jack

Hi there,

- I started using the forum because it looked like a great place to chat with other EUC riders and find out more about the various types of EUC out there and any issues they have. 

- To me the forum is a means to get/give advice, share experiences good and bad and chat with other EUCists

- This community as a whole seems very polite and friendly. It's regulars are all very friendly, helpful, welcoming & caring! If you have an issue with or an accident due to an EUC they like to keep tabs on how you are and how things are progressing to sort out your issues. Any problems potentially effect us all so it's in all our interest to see things through and make sure we are safe.

-My passion for EUC's started because I am an outdoors person. I used to walk/cycle 100+ miles a week but due to spine issues I have become more and more limited to where walking to and from the bus stop for work was painful and tiring. The EUC gave me back my freedom and is my form (much cooler) of mobility scooter :) I have problems walking but am able to stand for a few miles on the EUC without too much pain (or could until the cold/damp weather kicked in) I started with a Ninebot One E+ and quickly decided I wanted something faster that could do more miles so now I have the Gotway ACM 16

- I can't say I have tried any other EUC forum but the group both here and on FB are all as I said above. Friendly. polite, helpful and welcoming.

- The forum has become the place it has thanks to the regulars who are always about to offer help, advice etc and genuinely care.

- The forum has many uses, too many to list and all because, like I've said, of the regulars.

- I don't think anything can improve. It's a great little community all passionate about the same thing - EUC's

- I have no idea of the future but I think it will carry on as it is now and always be a place for EUCists, old and new, to come for whatever they need.

Just now, TremF said:

Hi there,

- I started using the forum because it looked like a great place to chat with other EUC riders and find out more about the various types of EUC out there and any issues they have. 

- To me the forum is a means to get/give advice, share experiences good and bad and chat with other EUCists

- This community as a whole seems very polite and friendly. It's regulars are all very friendly, helpful, welcoming a& caring! If you have an issue with or an accident due to an EUC they like to keep tabs on how you are and how things are progressing to sort out your issues. Any problems potentially effect us all so it's in all our interest to see things through and make sure we are safe.

-My passion for EUC's started because I am an outdoors person. I used to walk/cycle 100+ miles a week but due to spine issues I have become more and more limited to where walking to and from the bus stop for work was painful and tiring. The EUC gave me back my freedom and is my form (much cooler) of mobility scooter :) I have problems walking but am able to stand for a few miles on the EUC without too much pain (or could until the cold/damp weather kicked in) I started with a Ninebot One E+ and quickly decided I wanted something faster that could do more miles so now I have the Gotway ACM 16

- I can't say I have tried any other EUC forum but the group both here and on FB are all as I said above. Friendly. polite, helpful and welcoming.

- The forum has become the place it has thanks to the regulars who are always about to offer help, advice etc and genuinely care.

- The forum has many uses, too many to list and all because, like I've said, of the regulars.

- I don't think anything can improve. It's a great little community all passionate about the same thing - EUC's

- I have no idea of the future but I think it will carry on as it is now and always be a place for EUCists, old and new, to come for whatever they need.

Thank you so much!

Realised it was a great way to learn & explore as well as just converse with (almost) similarly minded people from all over the World.
The difference between knowing the latest news/ideas & simply, not!
Very friendly & patient.
Loved using Segways on a couple of holidays & found electric unicycles were a more affordable, manoeuvrable & fun option.
I don't do Facebook.
Started at the right sort of time when more people were entering into the world of electric unicycles. People make forums & there are quality people on here.
Ease of use: want to talk or ask about unicycles? Want to buy one? Want specific info? Want to talk off-topic?  It's all here!
Bring back the Chat Room!
It will grow & could help mobilise world (or at least local) pressure groups to ultimately change laws governing these things.

Hi Jack, Please see below
I got hooked on Electric Unicycling
Something to read on my daily commute
A passionate community
I saw someone ride past one lunchtime and thought "wow"!
I haven't seen that Facebook page. The Facebook groups that I have seen tend to have a different feel (too many promotions/adverts)
Lots of helpful advice and a mix of people (from right around the world) with different expertise within electric unicycling (E.g. technical knowledge, commercial awareness, legal understanding, tricks etc)
Very few local riders plus it is very interesting to hear what is happening in other parts of the world.
I might be useful if it had an accompanying Wiki site
I think the immediate future of electric unicycling depends on which country you live. Hopefully EUC can take off (like it appears to have in some parts of France)

Archived