New! Headlight and Bluetooth!

10 hours ago, snakebite said:

The biggest problem is the stock headlights are too low. I was thinking of using a head mounted led the kind you wear on your forehead.

i just got idea.. the arm could be filled with lithium pack.. and have a usb input and output at tope? 

Edited by Synap
  • Upvote 2

now that i have myself a 3d printer.. i am going to starte making some fun stuff.. and i was thinking that if i need to.. i can send the file to a commercial 3d printing service to print in aluminum if i need it to be stronger piece.. i am thinking of making the attachment piece for the arrm.. then i can attach my own arms at will.. and if i need to i can have it printed in aluminum for more strength.https://www.stratasysdirect.com/promos/direct-metal-laser-sintering-dmls-b.html

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Synap said:

i just got idea.. the arm could be filled with lithium pack.. and have a usb input and output at tope? 

Let's clarify. Are you suggesting the use of an external lithium pack to power lights/headlamps/speakers for the Segway? Or are you suggesting adding external battery power and linking it to the internal battery pack of the Segway to extend the range of Mini Pro?

14 minutes ago, Solar_Segway_Mini_Pro said:

Let's clarify. Are you suggesting the use of an external lithium pack to power lights/headlamps/speakers for the Segway? Or are you suggesting adding external battery power and linking it to the internal battery pack of the Segway to extend the range of Mini Pro?

I thought it was obvious. perhaps you mised my earlier posts and thread of my thoughts. I am suggesting for use to power external accesories. like lights.. and cell phone. I am thinnkng to make it like a standard usb power pack.. which can be recharged using usb standard input and would have standard usb power output.. THe main reason for this is that Segway have not designed their power pack with a way to output USB power for external accessories for some reason.. Many electric bicycle batteries now come with a USB output..  I hope this answers your question. additionally.. I have ideas on recharging the pack perhaps with a small generator either attached to one of wheels or as a small trailing wheel.. to be used as back up option for the usb power pack

Edited by Synap
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, FriedBacon said:

I am sure the batteries can be on the lower part of the steering that would not influence the movement or steering.

Hmmm... now i have some new ideas...:)

What are your ideas? I was thinking also they don't have to be inside the tube.. which would be more stealth and sleek looking.. they can be mounting to the outsdide of the tube like the lights. and like friedbacon says they can be mounted down low for low center of gravity.. and away from the legs.

Edited by Synap

I am going to add at least one of these inside the steering stick!!! Looks like a no brainer!

Even just to have one in case of emergency.

How about a life saving kit?? Bandaids anyone for that nasty faceplant?? Just look inside the stick... Well you know what I mean :) 

I am actually going to try to "power" my stick as much as I can :):):) 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FriedBacon said:

This also would open the possibility for adding external battery to increase the range from 30km to maybe 40-50km. The steering bar is hollow anyway.

i just learned there are now 3d printers that can print in carbon fiber.. so minipro folks cud print lite weight strong handle parkes of their own design.. and even embed them with compartments for storage.. 

• Upvote 1

Here's the inside of the Kmashi battery pack. It's exactly the same as the Anker but gains the flashlight in the other end.

The cell is 2800 mAh LG 18650. If I do it, I'd probably reuse the board, retrofit the flashlight, and upgrade the cell to 3000 mAh. The problem is drilling to the metal steering bar to make the ports accessible and water-proof the whole thing for safety.

20160825_190011.jpg

20160825_190033.jpg

Edited by tengtengvn
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, tengtengvn said:

Here's the inside of the Kmashi battery pack. It's exactly the same as the Anker but gains the flashlight in the other end.

The cell is 2800 mAh LG 18650. If I do it, I'd probably reuse the board, retrofit the flashlight, and upgrade the cell to 3000 mAh. The problem is drilling to the metal steering bar to make the ports accessible and water-proof the whole thing for safety.

20160825_190011.jpg

20160825_190033.jpg

i was thinking about way to put the ports at the endof the tube and use those existing opening in the tube. some of the ends have plastic sleeves or caps.. they have have existing points for penetration of the positive and negative lead. I am also thinking.. why not this segway does not have onboard gps which can be accessessed via bluetooth.. and way to measure wheel rotation to measure sepped ( i think it already does use wheel rotation to measure speed?) and and and onboard compas. . as it is now, I think the segway relies on the cmpas of the smart phone to give sense of direction. . I am also intrested in using the laser  safety lighting technology to give better safety like this one 

• Upvote 2