How to remove handle bar from ninebot mini

Well obviously you remove the protective cap and the two screws, then rock the arm left/right with one hand and try to pull  out/away from the Ninebot with the other hand (pulling the bar close to/just above the fixation point).

Try rocking/tilting and pulling in different angles and with varying force. It will come loose, just keep trying ;-)

Edited by ATH
Language correction
  • Upvote 1

• 2 years later...

Hi guys. I had this problem after I ordered the Minipro with the Go Kart Kit (via Indiegogo) and they changed the deal half way through and supplied the (very similar but not identical) Ninebot S and Go Kart Kit instead.

I could not remove the handle from the Ninebot S with the tool supplied as part of the Go Kart Kit - a sort of simple wrench that was designed to apply pressure, via a screw, to a two-pronged piece that inserted into the two screw holes in the front. 

Nothing I could do would pull the bar out. I even hung it from a tree by the bar and hung my whole weight off it and it would not move. 

Then I looked at the removal tools and realised they were designed to force the two-pronged thing into the screw holes. So I put it in the screw holes and hit it with a hammer. To my amazement, I saw it get deeper and deeper into the handle with each blow. This was in fact the handle separating from the body. It was then a simple matter to pull off manually. 

So, long story short, put the two-pronged thing that comes with the Go Kart Kit (looks like this from the side: ⊨) into the screw holes, carefully drive it in with a hammer, and the handle should just wriggle off. 

Hi Thomas, thanks for your advice. I am having the same problem and still can’t get the handle off. I have tried what you suggested but to no success. Is there anything else I should be doing?

thanks

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm having the same issue.  the handlebar from my Ninebot S is not even budging...    I tried the tapping with rubber mallet, wiggling, forcing it, and even begging.

I contacted the tech support.  no replies yet.

help...   somebody, help!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Customer support doesn’t exist at all I tried to call them and left messages but no reply what so ever one of the user Thomas said to hammer it down which I did and my two prong tool broke so please don’t do that as you will actually do nothing but put scratches and break you tool if any one noticed they have a qr scan thing on the instruction manual u can scan that and down there are two arrow things once clicked it switches the instruction of removing from mini pro to ninebot s it did for me but I couldn’t play the video so rest assured I’m still stuck with the damn bar and they supposingly shipping me new tool set 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I found how to remove the knee bar on my ninebot  back your screws out about 1/2 way or 3/4  pick up where wheels are a couple inches off the ground and hit the 2 screws a few times and it will come loose.  I could not hold up with one hand and whack screws so I wrapped a dog leash around the base a couple of time and lifted up with no problems It is all thanks to this man and his video, don't mind saying I have been search for a way and nothing worked till I found the gentlemen on you tube

yesterday.  

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Hi I needed to remove the Knee steerer from my Ninebot s, tried all suggested methods but with no result, found the tool online at A$40 but decided to try another way. I purchased some 5mm x 30mm Bolts removed std bolts, screwed the 30mm in leaving around 8mm protruding, then while holding the steerer with the wheels of the floor I hit the bolt heads with a hammer a couple of times and off came the steerer. Cost around $2.00 with no damage at all.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...