IPS Zero not stable at 21-22kph?

Jeroenb

Hello,

After spending a few months reading this forum and comparing lots of wheels I finally decided to buy an IPS Zero 340 from Runrui Meng.

I have some experience on a cheap electric unicycle (TG-M3) we bought last year in October together with some friends to see if we like it :-). 

Its now the third week I'm driving around on the IPS zero and reached about 80km, but there's something strange that happens when I travel around 21kph. The wheel feels a little unstable like moving a little forward then backward constantly, once I ride faster or slower this behavior dissapears... 

Do any of you also encounter this unstable behavior at 21kph? As I i'm feeling a little unsafe on it... I would like to be sure there's nothing wrong with my wheel

Thanks to all of you for all the info I could gather here ! :-)

26 minutes ago, Jeroenb said:

Hello,

After spending a few months reading this forum and comparing lots of wheels I finally decided to buy an IPS Zero 340 from Runrui Meng.

I have some experience on a cheap electric unicycle (TG-M3) we bought last year in October together with some friends to see if we like it :-). 

Its now the third week I'm driving around on the IPS zero and reached about 80km, but there's something strange that happens when I travel around 21kph. The wheel feels a little unstable like moving a little forward then backward constantly, once I ride faster or slower this behavior dissapears... 

Do any of you also encounter this unstable behavior at 21kph? As I i'm feeling a little unsafe on it... I would like to be sure there's nothing wrong with my wheel

Thanks to all of you for all the info I could gather here ! :-)

If I'm not wrong, it's the tiltback safety mechanism that is kicking in. At what speed limit did you set the Zero to?

Speed limit is set at 30kph... It rides very stable at higher speeds (or lower speeds), for example I can ride 5km uninterrupted at 25kph constant without any problem

this strange behavior only happens when riding around 21kph :-s

12 minutes ago, Jeroenb said:

Speed limit is set at 30kph... It rides very stable at higher speeds (or lower speeds), for example I can ride 5km uninterrupted at 25kph constant without any problem

this strange behavior only happens when riding around 21kph :-s

Here is a post of @Stefan(O) showing a similar behavior with his Zero:

Here's the review of @micro exhibiting the same character of the Zero at 21km/h:

Archived