recommendation for 2nd wheel

ipedalmine

I currently have an IPS191 which I like very much. I am looking to get a second smaller lighter wheel for when I travel, and to have a spare wheel for another rider. I want to spend $400 - $600. It looks like the Gotway MCM3 is a good EUC in that price range. Is this a reliable EUC if not pushed to the extremes?  I see "gogocycling" has some on ebay in Socal. Anyone have experience with this seller?

Am I overlooking some other better EUC in this price rage?

Thanks for your input.

I currently have an MCM3, and I recently upgraded to the MCM4, this being primarily for the additional range and increased comfort, however it does have additional advantages over the MCM3. I was able to get my MCM3 for just a little over $500, and I paid double that for the MCM4 (primarily because of the expensive battery packs).

If speed if you thing, then you can't go wrong with either the GotWay MCM3 or the MCM4. Both are very reliable.

However if you want something with greater comfort and maneuverability for far less yet slower, then there's the Ninebot One E+ going for $450 + tax right now: https://www.forwardca.com/products/ninebot-e-special-edition-flame

If you do go with the MCM3, you're definitely going to want grip tape and padding. 

That's a good value for the Ninebot. If I did not already have a 16, I think I would go for that for sure. I am hoping for something more portable on my second wheel. I should also mention I weigh 220 lbs, so I need a decent amount of power. Where did you get your MCM3 for just over $500?

26 minutes ago, ipedalmine said:

That a good value for the Ninebot. If I did not already have a 16, I think I would go for that for sure. I am hoping for something more portable on my second wheel. I should also mention I weigh 220 lbs, so I need a decent amount of power. Where did you get your MCM3 for just over $500?

I think that you would find the Ninebot One to be a little lighter and more compact. Plus, it can probably support your weight just fine, but you might be right about getting something with a stronger motor. 

I bought the MCM3 on eBay when the seller was doing a sale on all of their vehicles. It might have been the same seller that you speak of. You can try making an offer for less and see if they accept it. They almost certainly will accept your offer if you ask for just say $30 off. 

One of the issues that I've heard of with the MCM 3/4 is that slowing down / breaking can be choppy, especially if you weigh more. I believe that they're making the breaking smoother on the newer ACM models. 

Dammit, now I see I can get a MCM4 locally for just a little over $600. And then of course I would want to spend a little more for a bigger battery.

I have this sinking feeling that I am about to plunk down another grand for my "backup" wheel.

Archived