Falcon Mileage..

Puzz

98.6V really is a little low. Not something-wrong-with-it, but not good either.

Next time check right after charging (green light + keep charger in for an extra hour or so, and keep the wheel still, riding will drop the voltage naturally) and see what it says then. Might be interesting:)

Anyways, we are talking a few miles (which is something, not nothing) range difference, so you're not losing a huge amount. But especially for a smaller battery, every mile counts. I hope you can se a higher voltage some time.

Just in the interest of adding more data to the conversation, I'm getting around 35-40km per charge, charging from 0% to 100% in about an hour and 15 minutes, and typically get a voltage right around 99.5.  My average speed is about 27 km an hour. This is mostly city riding, with some bike trails occasionally.  I tried repeatedly to get the voltage up to 100 but without an adjustable charger and the ability to charge each pack individually. I don't think I'm going to be able to make that happen.

Begode owes me a volt. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Funky said:

No 98V is not right.. Same issue @kintips had? Return that wheel and be done with it. :D 

And I really don't want to get rid of it.. I love it too much. Most fun I've had on an EUC yet. Such a comfy suspension and quick reflexes.. I rode the V12 again for the first time after getting the Falcon and I can easily say that I'm not impressed anymore with it... I almost lost it a few times with that damn train tracking tire. :o 

7 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

98.6V really is a little low. Not something-wrong-with-it, but not good either.

Next time check right after charging (green light + keep charger in for an extra hour or so, and keep the wheel still, riding will drop the voltage naturally) and see what it says then. Might be interesting:)

Anyways, we are talking a few miles (which is something, not nothing) range difference, so you're not losing a huge amount. But especially for a smaller battery, every mile counts. I hope you can se a higher voltage some time.

I'll definitely check the voltage next time right after charging and let it sit for an hour or so. I appreciate all of the help and info. :)

45 minutes ago, Skampster said:

Check the actual battery voltage on the battery cables, I’m more convinced that’s it’s a reporting issue more than low voltage, but I could be wrong. 

I don't have a multimeter but thanks for the suggestion. Maybe a few more discharging/charging might juice everything up to where it should be...  ;)

16 hours ago, Puzz said:

And I really don't want to get rid of it.. I love it too much. Most fun I've had on an EUC yet. Such a comfy suspension and quick reflexes.

It's just so nice, and I never even touched or never rode a Falcon! A Falcon with 3000+Wh would be my dream wheel. These big ass tire, slow ass acceleration wheels are not for me.

Edited by meepmeepmayer