Introducing Wheelwise: All problems of all wheels in one place

8 hours ago, Asfalots said:

Hello, fellow EUC riders!

A few months ago, I had a nasty fall off my electric unicycle. While recovering from a dislocated shoulder, I shared my experience online, only to discover that many others had faced the exact same issue with the same wheel (hello V12...)

This got me thinking—why are we in the dark about these common problems? While there are sections on this forum and social media dedicated to specific wheels, they often mix problems, reviews, and new user questions all together. This makes it difficult to get an at-a-glance view of a wheel’s reliability. The EUC market is fragmented, and there’s no unified place to share issues or learn from others’ experiences. So, I decided to create Wheelwise.

What is it?

Wheelwise is a platform where EUC riders can report and track issues with specific EUC models, helping others make informed decisions.

Please Contribute

• Stay Informed: Learn about potential issues before they catch you off guard.
  • Share Your Experiences: Help improve the community’s knowledge and safety. You might even influence manufacturers!
  • Shape the Future: My roadmap is open for you to propose, vote on, and discuss the next features you want to see.

What’s Next?

First, I’ll focus on adding essential features to issue reporting, such as a search engine, issue filters, and possibly some graphs to help identify safer wheels at a glance. After that, I would love to incorporate reviews as well. But ultimately, it will be up to the community to guide the roadmap. Your contributions and feedback will determine the platform’s future direction.

🚨 Important Note: We’re Just Getting Started! 🚨

As this is the initial launch, the platform is currently empty. To make it a success, I need your help! Please contribute by reporting any issues you’ve encountered with your wheels. The more we share, the more valuable this resource will become for the entire EUC community.

Join Us Now!

Wheelwise is a personal after-work project—something I’m passionate about and have been working on in my spare time. It’s not perfect; there are bugs, and some features are still missing. But I’m launching it now because I want your feedback to make this platform something we all will want to use.

Wheelwise is live and completely free. Your feedback will help shape the platform, so dive in and let me know what you think!

Ride safe!!

V12 HT specifically is one of the worst offenders, it is known to thow people backwards randomly which I've been warning about for a long time, luckily critical flaws are not that common after all 

IMO it's s also important to identify root causes also to prevent misinformation, just to give a simple made up example user reports wheel just died or had an electronics fire but didn't include in their report that they briefly dropped it in a big puddle before it happened.

If you want members to write hundreds of pages under this topic, this is a method, but here I think it is to repeat part of the site soon. If we read the many posts on this forum describing the breakdowns, causes and consequences, we already have all the answers 'it takes time and courage to read, we must use the existing engine of the forum. If it is only propaganda towards a site or a personal page it can be interesting, but if it is to write again what is written it could multiply unnecessarily and disperse, instead of gathering. A consequence opposite to your desire to gather.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Asfalots said:

Hello, fellow EUC riders!

A few months ago, I had a nasty fall off my electric unicycle. While recovering from a dislocated shoulder, I shared my experience online, only to discover that many others had faced the exact same issue with the same wheel (hello V12...)

This got me thinking—why are we in the dark about these common problems? While there are sections on this forum and social media dedicated to specific wheels, they often mix problems, reviews, and new user questions all together. This makes it difficult to get an at-a-glance view of a wheel’s reliability. The EUC market is fragmented, and there’s no unified place to share issues or learn from others’ experiences. So, I decided to create Wheelwise.

What is it?

Wheelwise is a platform where EUC riders can report and track issues with specific EUC models, helping others make informed decisions.

Please Contribute

• Stay Informed: Learn about potential issues before they catch you off guard.
  • Share Your Experiences: Help improve the community’s knowledge and safety. You might even influence manufacturers!
  • Shape the Future: My roadmap is open for you to propose, vote on, and discuss the next features you want to see.

What’s Next?

First, I’ll focus on adding essential features to issue reporting, such as a search engine, issue filters, and possibly some graphs to help identify safer wheels at a glance. After that, I would love to incorporate reviews as well. But ultimately, it will be up to the community to guide the roadmap. Your contributions and feedback will determine the platform’s future direction.

🚨 Important Note: We’re Just Getting Started! 🚨

As this is the initial launch, the platform is currently empty. To make it a success, I need your help! Please contribute by reporting any issues you’ve encountered with your wheels. The more we share, the more valuable this resource will become for the entire EUC community.

Join Us Now!

Wheelwise is a personal after-work project—something I’m passionate about and have been working on in my spare time. It’s not perfect; there are bugs, and some features are still missing. But I’m launching it now because I want your feedback to make this platform something we all will want to use.

Wheelwise is live and completely free. Your feedback will help shape the platform, so dive in and let me know what you think!

Ride safe!!

• Personal Touch and Empathy:

• The story about the fall and recovery is a strong hook. It resonates with fellow riders and sets the stage for why Wheelwise is essential. However, you could strengthen the emotional appeal by highlighting the frustration of discovering that this issue was common only after your fall. This could create a deeper connection with your audience and perhaps solicit more candid information to be used later correlatively to generate root cause analysis.
  • Clarity and Focus:

• While the message is clear, consider breaking down the key points into more distinct sections with headings. For example, use headings like "Why Wheelwise?", "What Wheelwise Offers, ""Your Role," and "Future Plans" to make the message more skimmable.
  • Call to Action:

• The call to action is clear, but adding a sense of urgency or exclusivity might encourage more immediate participation. Phrases like "Be among the first to shape this platform" or "Your early feedback is crucial" could increase engagement.
  • Community and Collaboration:

• You’ve done a great job emphasizing community involvement. To reinforce that this is a proven approach, adding examples of how community-driven feedback has historically influenced other tech platforms might be beneficial.
  • Addressing Concerns:

• It’s great that you’re transparent about the platform's newness and potential bugs. Consider reframing this as an opportunity for early adopters to join the “founding community” that helps refine and perfect the platform.
  • Future Vision:

• The roadmap section is well done, but adding a concrete example of a future feature (e.g., a real-time reliability score for each wheel model based on community reports) might help users visualize the potential impact of their contributions.
  • Like 1

Good idea - but you are going to put a lot of work into making it as streamlined and transparent as you want.   I see my wheel is missing; RS19 HS & HT,   and I even just ran into a problem that is obviously well known - a problem with many solutions that work for some and not for others.  At the end of the day, no one is 100% sure what it will take to solve the problem with security. Take a look at this threads...

2 hours ago, varamontelo said:

If you want members to write hundreds of pages under this topic, this is a method, but here I think it is to repeat part of the site soon. If we read the many posts on this forum describing the breakdowns, causes and consequences, we already have all the answers 'it takes time and courage to read, we must use the existing engine of the forum. If it is only propaganda towards a site or a personal page it can be interesting, but if it is to write again what is written it could multiply unnecessarily and disperse, instead of gathering. A consequence opposite to your desire to gather.

The more links to issues the better, that's why @Asfalots could potentially link to content from here and all over the web. I wish you joy in your endeavor. There is especially a need for translation of some of the sites information into english, so it would be pretty great to have that information readily available from sites dedicated to non english informations.

Edited by on one
further
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thank you all for your feedbacks, really appreciated :D

15 hours ago, on one said:

The more links to issues the better, that's why @Asfalots could potentially link to content from here and all over the web. I wish you joy in your endeavor. There is especially a need for translation of some of the sites information into english, so it would be pretty great to have that information readily available from sites dedicated to non english informations.

That's actually a very good idea :o. I really like it. being able to put the link to a post in another forum / source... So we can skip the "description" part, or I can try to scrape it from the source  (while keeping the original link visible...)

17 hours ago, Jayzao said:
  • Personal Touch and Empathy:

• The story about the fall and recovery is a strong hook. It resonates with fellow riders and sets the stage for why Wheelwise is essential. However, you could strengthen the emotional appeal by highlighting the frustration of discovering that this issue was common only after your fall. This could create a deeper connection with your audience and perhaps solicit more candid information to be used later correlatively to generate root cause analysis.
  • Clarity and Focus:

• While the message is clear, consider breaking down the key points into more distinct sections with headings. For example, use headings like "Why Wheelwise?", "What Wheelwise Offers, ""Your Role," and "Future Plans" to make the message more skimmable.
  • Call to Action:

• The call to action is clear, but adding a sense of urgency or exclusivity might encourage more immediate participation. Phrases like "Be among the first to shape this platform" or "Your early feedback is crucial" could increase engagement.
  • Community and Collaboration:

• You’ve done a great job emphasizing community involvement. To reinforce that this is a proven approach, adding examples of how community-driven feedback has historically influenced other tech platforms might be beneficial.
  • Addressing Concerns:

• It’s great that you’re transparent about the platform's newness and potential bugs. Consider reframing this as an opportunity for early adopters to join the “founding community” that helps refine and perfect the platform.
  • Future Vision:

• The roadmap section is well done, but adding a concrete example of a future feature (e.g., a real-time reliability score for each wheel model based on community reports) might help users visualize the potential impact of their contributions.

Thank you for the marketing advice, I'll try to work on those aspect (which obvisously are not my strenght :whistling:)

19 hours ago, Rawnei said:

V12 HT specifically is one of the worst offenders, it is known to thow people backwards randomly which I've been warning about for a long time, luckily critical flaws are not that common after all 

IMO it's s also important to identify root causes also to prevent misinformation, just to give a simple made up example user reports wheel just died or had an electronics fire but didn't include in their report that they briefly dropped it in a big puddle before it happened.

Yes indeed, someone already propose to have a distinction between "wheel issue" and "pilot mistake". I still don't know how to proceed with that. The reporter itself might be biaised. I was thinking something like voting system ?

• Like 1

Thank you for your initiative and good will. :) 

I think this would be a great idea ... five years ago, but it will require a lot of free time to collect and process.

It would be, perhaps, a better idea to build an AI agent for this.

• Like 1

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/

is so very important to being a rider of electric unicycles, it's one of the reasons that I chose to get my Z10, because that model has so much documentation that I knew when I had issues with my wheel that there was tons of information about how to fix

@Asfalots idea isn't necessarily redundant to the forums, because in my mind it seems like the seed of a consumer reports type entity, as long as he remains non-biased, then Wheelwise could become that much needed watchdog on the manufacturers and dealers.

3 hours ago, litewave said:

Thank you for your initiative and good will. :) 

I think this would be a great idea ... five years ago, but it will require a lot of free time to collect and process.

It would be, perhaps, a better idea to build an AI agent for this.

Thank you for your kind words, and for the timing well, Better late than never :P

A RAG fed by forums, group and discord discussion could be a solution as well, but the problem is the same, I have to aggregate all sources :mellow:

3 hours ago, on one said:

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/

is so very important to being a rider of electric unicycles, it's one of the reasons that I chose to get my Z10, because that model has so much documentation that I knew when I had issues with my wheel that there was tons of information about how to fix

@Asfalots idea isn't necessarily redundant to the forums, because in my mind it seems like the seed of a consumer reports type entity, as long as he remains non-biased, then Wheelwise could become that much needed watchdog on the manufacturers and dealers.

Thank you. I was dreaming this kind of platform could exerce a kind of "pressure" on manufacturer to improve the global reliability 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Asfalots said:

Yes indeed, someone already propose to have a distinction between "wheel issue" and "pilot mistake". I still don't know how to proceed with that. The reporter itself might be biaised. I was thinking something like voting system ?

Oh yeah, a voting system would probably be a good way to do that, and you can often see that all over the web when it comes to comments, reviews, etc. The more widespread the issue is, the more "likes" it'll probably have.

If you adopt a collaborative relationship with the dealers and manufacturers, then I think you will have better luck getting information from them. Just be careful not to accept money or products, because that could alter your bias.

especially if you can publish information on a fix, for a problem that existed, but has been repaired or a faq that teaches how to perform the repair

Then the manufacturer, and the dealer would want to be transparent with you, because they could be helping their customers solve problems

Edited by on one
Further
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Jmac said:

Can't "sign in with Google". (Image linked)

I would like to join but probably something you need to look into.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/sh2DRkGkKQYR8m2FA

Joel

Ho weird, thank you for reporting. I'll take a look asap.

7 hours ago, on one said:

If you adopt a collaborative relationship with the dealers and manufacturers, then I think you will have better luck getting information from them. Just be careful not to accept money or products, because that could alter your bias.

especially if you can publish information on a fix, for a problem that existed, but has been repaired or a faq that teaches how to perform the repair

Then the manufacturer, and the dealer would want to be transparent with you, because they could be helping their customers solve problems

That's definitely my goal. I already contact manufacturer to ask the right to their wheel pictures. It was not really a success :rolleyes:. Most of them did not answer, despite multiple requests... Accepting money from them are not in my plan ^_^

11 hours ago, Tomallo said:

Oh yeah, a voting system would probably be a good way to do that, and you can often see that all over the web when it comes to comments, reviews, etc. The more widespread the issue is, the more "likes" it'll probably have.

I already have a voting system to know if people experienced the same issue, without having to re-enter something :-) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Asfalots said:

That's definitely my goal. I already contact manufacturer to ask the right to their wheel pictures. It was not really a success :rolleyes:. Most of them did not answer, despite multiple requests... Accepting money from them are not in my plan ^_^

That's okay, if they don't respond to your inquiries, because a lot of pics will fall under fair use for your purposes. If manufacturers and dealers refuse to cooperate with what you are trying to do with Wheelwise, then that speaks a negative on them. Say you contact Begode, and you translate your communication to their known version of the Chinese dialect, and they don't respond... Say you are asking about how our community can have any confidence in their products since the battery fire fiasco, send them this link site:forum.electricunicycle.org gotway fires , and ask them for notes on how they have improved so that I can trust them to buy the Begod Blitz? Well, if they don't send you a transparent response then you can tell them that you are forced to report to our community that they refuse to explain how they fixed the serious issues, and as a serious EUC customer I will be forced to conclude --- nothing--- Begode has done nothing to address their lack of safety in their wheels. But if, after you report, Begode has a change of mind and provides you some information on how they addressed the fire issue, then you can help them clear their name. As it stands, I will buy nothing from Begode because I'm concerned that their products will start a fire in my home.

fyi: in regards of copyright etc.: there is no such thing as " i asked but didn't get an answer" and therefore i assumed.... There are no rights unless they are given, in written form. 

• Upvote 1

Not sure about how bad censorhip is in Denmark @Robse , however here in the united states the doctrine is pretty much as follows:

In the United States, works of commentary, criticism, research, teaching, or news reporting may be considered fair use. In the EU, more limited exceptions are recognized and the use must fit into specific categories, such as quotation, criticism, review, caricature, parody, and pastiche. Other countries/regions have a concept called fair dealing that may work differently.

If the use of copyright-protected material in a video qualifies as a copyright exception, then the video is considered lawful and non-infringing. This is why we often ask copyright holders to think about whether copyright exceptions apply before submitting a copyright removal request to YouTube. If a copyright holder believes a video doesn't qualify for an exception, then they must provide us with an adequate explanation as to why. 

Edited by on one
more

We are free here in the united states: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/9783148?hl=en

I cannot say what the law is in Belgium for @Asfalots but if he/she is able to post stuff up on the internet archive, then I should be able to access their work from here in the states.

Edited by on one
added

14 minutes ago, on one said:

Not sure about how bad censorhip is in Denmark @Robse , however here in the united states the doctrine is pretty much as follows:

If the use of copyright-protected material in a video qualifies as a copyright exception, then the video is considered lawful and non-infringing. This is why we often ask copyright holders to think about whether copyright exceptions apply before submitting a copyright removal request to YouTube. If a copyright holder believes a video doesn't qualify for an exception, then they must provide us with an adequate explanation as to why. 

laws in Denmark are more square 😉 however my point was: You are not granted any rights just because your question (about rights) remains unanswered 👀 taking action on behalf of doubt will never legalize anything.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Robse said:

aws in Denmark are more square 😉 however my point was: You are not granted any rights just because your question (about rights) remains unanswered 👀 taking action on behalf of doubt will never legalize anything.

well, it might save me from having a Begode battery fire! .. ... and then changing their name from Gotway to Begode to try to hide it.

Edited by on one
more
  • Like 1

From a legal perspective I knew there was no issues. Worst case I will have to ask you guy to take a picture of their wheel :lol:

My attempt was to use it as a conversation starter, seeing how we can collaborate, or if they are interested to have a kind of "global user reports".

But the conversation never start at all. Begode and Leaperkim never answered. Inmotion France answer only to redirect me to NewWalking, which never replied either...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1