The “ Lift “ Switch or Left button

Hello all, I’m curious about the functions of the “ Lift Switch “ and want to know is it as the name implies just to lift the euc, also how many times needs to be pressed etc. like what does it do 

5 hours ago, DelgadoGuapo said:

Hello all, I’m curious about the functions of the “ Lift Switch “ and want to know is it as the name implies just to lift the euc, also how many times needs to be pressed etc. like what does it do 

Yes it is just that. :)

It turns of motor (euc still is on) and you can lift it. Or put against kickstand. Some wheels have one press to activate it. Some have double tap. Some wheels have it built in carry handle - when you lift wheel, it automatically kills motor. And when you put it down - engage motor. (Is there hold down button to kill motor and releasing button to engage motor <<< i don't know about this one.)

Anyways - There are many different ways to stop motor from spinning up, when lifting the wheel. Simply turning wheel off also works.. But you will lose all recorded "App" mileage/data/etc.. of that ride in most cases.

Edited by Funky

An euc that stops balancing is a potential injury waiting to happen. Any function that can interrupt balancing needs to be designed carefully, as you can imagine.

The power button can't turn off the wheel if it's moving over a certain speed. 

The lift switch is a bit tricky to activate sometimes for this reason. It only works at near zero speeds. It allows you to lift the wheel off the ground without turning the wheel on/off. So it saves you one key press usually.

It seems to me though that some modern lift switches are no easier than just going for the power button. They require interaction at least twice. In their defence, those wheels weigh as much as a boat anchor anyway so lifting is less important.

But on lighter wheels you really do want a convenient lift switch that's safe but easy to operate.

• Like 2