Extreme Bull Commander Max

3 hours ago, Anthraksi said:

If you can't beat them, join them.

Hydraulic suspension is close or identical to what LK has been using, yes? Also magnesium for the shells etc... Not a bad thing, it is specwise identical to the L and also comes with a Smart BMS. Only thing left they have to prove is the suspension and firmware, or the controller in general. If all goes well it is a serious competitor for the L, especially if it launches at a considerably lower price, which should be possible for EB.

They are probably missing the hall sensorless feature the L has though.

I have never had a hall sensor failure on any of my EUCs. Knock on wood. But it is a nice feature aside from the weird rumbling at low speed

10 minutes ago, onewheelkoregro said:

I have never had a hall sensor failure on any of my EUCs

I have never heard of anyone during the last 4 years following this hobby having a hall sensor failure during normal use. Just the very rare issue or damaging of wires during a new tyre installation which is user error. So if it does occur its very very rare.

7 minutes ago, The Brahan Seer said:

I have never heard of anyone during the last 4 years following this hobby having a hall sensor failure during normal use. Just the very rare issue or damaging of wires during a new tyre installation which is user error. So if it does occur its very very rare.

Really? I thought they seemed somewhat common. I literally had a hall sensor on my 16X recently for the first time. I haven't changed a tire on it for probably close to a year. I haven't ridden in wet conditions for probably 6 months.

My Commander Pro had a hall sensor issue, but that was perhaps my fault due to riding in wet conditions. Marty had a hall sensor problem on their brand new tested commander pro gt(?)

I've seen other youtube videos where other people have had hall sensor failures (for reasons I'm not sure)

Edited by BKW
  • Like 1

@BKW  Just out of curiosity how old is your 16X?, Marty's wheel was a first batch demo with an assembly issue. If you have a waterproof, properly assembled wheel I still think the issue is very rare. But if others have had issues it would be good to hear about it.

On 8/10/2024 at 2:13 PM, The Brahan Seer said:

@BKW  Just out of curiosity how old is your 16X?, Marty's wheel was a first batch demo with an assembly issue. If you have a waterproof, properly assembled wheel I still think the issue is very rare. But if others have had issues it would be good to hear about it.

Around 3 almost 4 years old. I got it back in 2021.

You might be right, but I've never heard of a hall sensor anything before EUCs, and I seen enough instances on youtube and personally to think it might be more common than some realize. That's just me

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is it! This is the wheel I’m currently most intrigued by although, I know Begode and maybe EB themselves will produce a better spec’s wheel immediately after this one 🙁 But, for now, this is what i want assuming it’s spec’s right and the esthetics are appealing and so far they are. I don’t think Leaperkim has anything new coming after releasing the “L” and every new high performance 20inch wheel released will try to match or exceed the “L”. I know you mentioned wheels are coming with voltage above 168 so only time will tell. But, if the Commander Max can ride in the mid to upper 50s, low 60s with No beeps, I’m in. Of course, this also assumes everything else you mentioned about the wheel holds true. The weight is about as heavy as I wanna go for the increased range so, this should be the last wheel I would buy. I can’t see a reason to pay anymore for increased voltage or even watt hours especially at the expense of weight. Speeds have hit a plateau imo. so, what else can manufacturers produce worthy of continuous price mark ups on wheels that typically don’t have the resale value like a bike or even scooters? I guess new technologies with batteries and software but we’re approaching speeds that aren’t real world practical for day to day riding. 

• Like 1