Inmotion V18 Speculation

Posted (edited)

Hey everyone!

I hope you're all as excited as I am about the recent leaks hinting at the upcoming Inmotion flagship EUC, the INMOTION V18. While nothing has been officially confirmed yet, I thought it would be nice to start a discussion and speculate about what we might expect from this new model.

image.thumb.png.30eedc95f443edbd61a9b7bee984e520.png

Edited by RagingGrandpa

Aside from the Model name appearing in the chart you posted above, and your speculation that the V18 is a flagship, we know nothing about Inmotion's future flagship euc, nor the euc that was given the model name V18.

However, we do now know that Bob Yan's roadmap was dropped.

Which still amounts to nothing.

Based on sales success over the last few years, it would be another missed opportunity for Inmotion should they continue to ignore the 20" performance segment.

Also, should Inmotion not be able to innovate with a new unique euc suspension design of their own, I hope they will try the hydraulic suspension approach (using hydraulic struts found in suspension forks).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Will be over 35kg

Have about ~2800Wh

4000W motor, peak 9000W.

Top riding speed 80kph

18"

Price 3499$ & 3799$ (Early bird discounts at ~3299$ - may change..)

More or less more "updated" V11, but with open frame design (as all "new" euc's follow..) Amazing newly designed suspension 80-100mm travel. (Hydraulic) Take V13 and V14 - middle ground = V18, can't say it more clearly.

:whistling:

So called "city wheel", but at 35kg it's way to heavy for that. And i will hate it - because of the weight. :) 

See ya in two months. :efee8319ab:

Edited by Funky

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, macgyvercanada said:

35kg, yeah not fantastic but... I kinda like the rest of what you laid out there.

I personally would not care if it had 10.000Wh battery and went 150kph speeds - if it's over 35kg.. :D 

Maybe if it flew.. Then it can be even 100kg heavy, as i would not need to carry it.

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

The number 18 could represent the rim size, not the tire size, so the V18 may have a 24-inch tire size (similar to the Monster Pro).

Inmotion has several urban category EUCs (v5, v8, v10), city wheels (v11, v12), an offroad wheel (v14), a racing wheel (v13), and 0 long-range wheels, so I guess that the v18 will be a long-range euc with massive battery and a huge tire.

Edited by Merkyu Kyu Kyu
  • Like 1

Inmotion V18 announcement imminent?

We are approaching the middle of June, and the production of the V18 is scheduled for July.

Has this model been cancelled, or is Inmotion running behind schedule?

6 hours ago, techyiam said:

We are approaching the middle of June, and the production of the V18 is scheduled for July.

Didn't Inmotion "big man" step down? I imagine any model names, plans, etc also could be rescheduled. Or simply all ordeal will happen some months later..

I personally could care less if they gonna make new wheel or not, because it will heavy shit.. And i don't need heavy shit. :D When manufacturers will start to make 40-50lbs wheels - i'm gonna be interested again.

Edited by Funky

10 hours ago, techyiam said:

It is still on its way. I don't have insider information on it other than I know it's coming soon and it's not cancelled. I don't have any info on specs either, but I have reason to believe it'll be their flagship EUC in the 20ish inch range. I believe an announcement is imminent within the next few weeks. However, I have seen/heard many of the new models that are on their way, an loads of new and VERY exciting EUCs are going to be announced this summer - from all the brands 😊 (except I haven't heard a word from LK...) Anyway, it's going to be a very good summer for new EUCs.

4 hours ago, Funky said:

Didn't Inmotion "big man" step down?

Where did you hear about that? Unless you're talking about Bob Yan stepping down last year?

Edited by WheelGoodTime
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Funky said:

Didn't Inmotion "big man" step down? I imagine any model names, plans, etc also could be rescheduled. Or simply all ordeal will happen some months later..

Sure did. And the roadmap that Bob Yan showed us in his interview video was indeed heavily revised, if not cancelled altogether.

The start of manufacturing schedule of new wheels like the E20 and the V18 was from a leak or release from Inmotion that came out after Bob Yan left..

1 hour ago, WheelGoodTime said:

It is still on its way. I don't have insider information on it other than I know it's coming soon and it's not cancelled. I don't have any info on specs either, but I have reason to believe it'll be their flagship EUC in the 20ish inch range. I believe an announcement is imminent within the next few weeks. However, I have seen/heard many of the new models that are on their way, an loads of new and VERY exciting EUCs are going to be announced this summer - from all the brands 😊 (except I haven't heard a word from LK...) Anyway, it's going to be a very good summer for new EUCs.

Thanks for sharing what you know or the rumours you've heard, and reviving the excitement and the anticipation of new wheels for the coming months.

I welcome the release of new wheels in the 20" performance suspension class.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I hope they will bring some previous innovative ideas back into V18.
The V14 was planned to be a modular wheel with swappable batteries and swappable motor rims, but they did not achieve this task for some reason. Inmotion had enough time to finalize this tech for V18.
High specs and low weight are not enough. We need some genuine innovations. 

image.png.0fff6c1db7e7b97debb16a61bd82344c.pngimage.png.f3a3c41fbf6f0dbe1d14196001195f37.png

Edited by Merkyu Kyu Kyu
  • Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if inmotion is going to launch their V18 pretty soon, since KingSong just launched the F22.

2 hours ago, Merkyu Kyu Kyu said:

V18 is going to be an intermediate wheel. Nothing too fancy. Just an update of the older inmotion euc.

Will the V18 have suspension?

• Like 1

I so want to root for InMotion, I really do.  But, Someone, I think U-Stride, suggested InMotion is a much larger company than the other four or five and likely operates under the authority of a board making them far less agile and more likely wanting to play it safe.  If U-Stride is right, and I think he is, InMotion is comfortable just being close to #1 as long as it is making sales.  Its goal is sales and not trophies, podiums, or bragging rights.  Look at the V13, it's close to being a race wheel but it won't win podiums.  Look at the V14, no others can hang with it in a climb (it's single claim to dominance), but everywhere else it's just a close second.  InMotion is like the Skywalker family, very strong with the force but can never close the deal.  I think the V18 will be respectable but not a hero I  can root for.  BTW, I stopped rooting for the Skywalkers (lost respect).  😀

On 6/1/2024 at 4:57 PM, Merkyu Kyu Kyu said:

The number 18 could represent the rim size, not the tire size, so the V18 may have a 24-inch tire size (similar to the Monster Pro).

Inmotion has several urban category EUCs (v5, v8, v10), city wheels (v11, v12), an offroad wheel (v14), a racing wheel (v13), and 0 long-range wheels, so I guess that the v18 will be a long-range euc with massive battery and a huge tire.

I don’t think so. We have to think the positioning of each company. First, Inmoiton has not yet published any bigger battery wheel, just like the positioning of Kingsong. 

Even we look at V13, it still has small battery capacity. As a result, I am of the opinion that V18 will be like an upgraded V14, maybe we can call it “ V14 pro”. 

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, macgyvercanada said:

I'm hoping that the V18 is something like a scaled-down V13; perhaps similar performance to a V11Y but with modern design improvements. 

What's the point of making another V11Y wheel. V18 needs to be new V8/V10 performance/category wheel. Also as mentioned before. It will be update/revision from older wheels. V11/12/13 already have Y/Pro versions. And V14 is to new. That leaves V8/V10 only. Or maybe V5??? But who wants V5 type of wheel..

With new more powerful cells and what not technology innovations from what year V8/V10 where made. (5-8 years ago?) That V18 could weight 20-25kg and go fast as 50kph easily. If not faster and also have suspension. And V8/V10 wheels didn't have big battery, nor V18 should. Making it lighter, but same time powerful enough for daily commuting and same time fun enough wheel, when one wanna go for simple "fun" ride.

If nothing else, maybe it will be 1500-3000W motor, with ~1000Wh battery. Top speed around 50kph. Perfect wheel for simple riding. 12" rim, making it 16x3" and by marketing standards that would make it - 18" = V18. :D As i don't see them making it 14" rim, witch would be real 18" then.

V8+V10=V18 New name, because all-out new design. And performance. Not Y/Pro versions, where it's still the old wheel, but with small updates..

Edited by Funky
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, macgyvercanada said:

Not everyone wants to do heroic stuff on their EUCs.  Some of us just want to ride it to work without being taken out by a pothole or rain shower and then carry it up the stairs when they get home.  We don't all want to be a rolling rave with RGB and speakers (though big respect to those in the community who go all-in on this concept).  In the past Inmotion was all about making good, reliable, no-nonsense mid-class wheels and I'd welcome a stronger focus on that market segment by at least one company out there.

I'm hoping that the V18 is something like a scaled-down V13; perhaps similar performance to a V11Y but with modern design improvements. 

I think your point is very wise and well-reasoned. I suppose my post was a reflection of me.  I'm the kind of guy that would like to own the Ferrari but never take it over 85mph.    I'm often neither wise or well-reasoned.  Be well.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2024 at 11:17 AM, YCC said:

Even we look at V13, it still has small battery capacity.

How time flies. Feels like it was just yesterday when OG Sherman had the biggest battery ever and V13 has the same battery and now it’s small capacity. 

Anyway, yet again the discussion is about biggest numbers. As if Inmotion should win the numbers game to be relevant. People are actually using these wheels as commuters or are just already content in top speed or don’t need to travel more than 80 km per day. They look for comfort and reliability. There’s still lots to improve in many other areas. Not every wheel has to be for highway speeds or racing. 

• Upvote 3

Does anyone has the news of V18 ? Each EUC firm had published the new product except Inmotion. 

Come on, how are you?

Edited by YCC

8 hours ago, YCC said:

Does anyone has the news of V18 ? Each EUC firm had published the new product except Inmotion. 

Come on, how are you?

In 2025 it gonna get released. So i have heard/seen.

• Thanks 1