Heat dispersion in Inductive charging processes

jack_92

I am currently trying to develop a solution which could enable inductive charging between 2 smartphones in close-vicinity. However, one of the biggest issue I have found out is related to the heat dispersion occurred during the charging transfer. Therefore, it is not a problem of inefficiency due to the distance between the smartphones but rather a loss of energy in the form of heat as the batteries will heat up. As I am quite new to the topic, anyone could help me understanding if and how it would be possible to reduce these losses associated with the heating of smartphone batteries?

As a data point, I can tell you that I gave up on using inductive charging for my Nexus 5 because it seemed to heat the battery and reduce its lifetime more than if I just used a USB charging cable. 

18 minutes ago, dmethvin said:

As a data point, I can tell you that I gave up on using inductive charging for my Nexus 5 because it seemed to heat the battery and reduce its lifetime more than if I just used a USB charging cable. 

Thank you for your information. Since I am quite new to the topic, I have posted this question here. Personally, I have not had a bad experience with wireless charging (Samsung) but I have read many contrasting comments and opinions online in the several forums. Moreover, I am a bit concerned that this issue might even become worse if we use another smartphone battery to charge ours. However, not being an expert of this field, I am eager to learn more about this from more experienced people.

Archived