Begode Extreme Bearing Sound Bad?

So my extreme is around 800km now, never been ridden in wet conditions. I had to open the motor once before to zip tie the hall sensor cable down cause it was getting hit by the motor cover making clicking sounds. Recently I've been noticing this sound, the sound might of been there long before, but never noticed it. I sounds like a knocking noise whenever I spin the wheel with my hand. The sound presents itself during low speed spinning, and disappears as It picks up speed. I can repeat the noise by going back and forth at low speed with my hand. Is this the bearing going bad or normal?

Little recording of what I mean.

https://streamable.com/05r94o

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gasper said:

Is this the bearing going bad or normal?

Difficult to say. There is always some friction noise when you manually spin a wheel, but yours does seem a little on the 'growly' side. I wouldn't worry too much though - Begode doesn't use exactly the highest quality bearings, so some noise is to be expected, and if it is slightly noisy with a manual spin it doesn't necessarily mean the bearing is in imminent danger of failing.

The rattle, on the other hand, doesn't sound like bearing noise to me, although of course I can't say I have heard every sound a duff bearing makes ! Not sure what that is TBH. With the wheel off and stationary is there any non-radial movement of the wheel between its stanchions ? Have we double-checked all the bolts around the motor area for tightness and do they all have threadlocker applied ? Could the rattle be the valve stem rattling against its hole in the rim ?

I hate noises like this - very difficult to know where they are coming from.

2 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Difficult to say. There is always some friction noise when you manually spin a wheel, but yours does seem a little on the 'growly' side. I wouldn't worry too much though - Begode doesn't use exactly the highest quality bearings, so some noise is to be expected, and if it is slightly noisy with a manual spin it doesn't necessarily mean the bearing is in imminent danger of failing.

The rattle, on the other hand, doesn't sound like bearing noise to me, although of course I can't say I have heard every sound a duff bearing makes ! Not sure what that is TBH. With the wheel off and stationary is there any non-radial movement of the wheel between its stanchions ? Have we double-checked all the bolts around the motor area for tightness and do they all have threadlocker applied ? Could the rattle be the valve stem rattling against its hole in the rim ?

the bolts are all tighten. other than the sound, I don't notice anything else odd about the wheel

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Cerbera said:

This is the wheel on free spin, its hard to tell, but you can hear the deep rattling at the very very beginning of the spin. It is really really quick "QRQR"

sound. Afterwards, I don't seem to hear anything unusual. Im certain its coming from the bearings, but It also doesn't seem like the bearings going bad. So confused.

https://streamable.com/8p3fzj

Edited by Gasper