pedals for the veteran lynx, majority of riding is city streets, and commuting...

y'all;

if this topic belongs elsewhere or there is already a topic started about the same, please move this topic or provide the link to the forum topic previously posted.

i am awaiting the delivery of my veteran lynx.  i have read some good things about all sorts of pedals;  metal based pedals and some all-plastic, and plastic-metal hybrids.  i do plan on replacing the stock pedals and would like some input on any aftermarket pedals that riders have extensive knowledge on.  and, if the stock pedals allow it,  i would like to add a couple more studs to the stock pedals to make them abit more grippier,  if such a word exists.

the primary use of the euc is for commuting using city streets and bike lanes.  there will be odd short distance ride (60kms return) but mostly commuting and meandering around toronto and surrounding boroughs.  so, i do not know if i really need a robust pair of metal pedals;  i find the nylonove product very appealing but they cost just as much as the all metal erides pedals.  what i also dont understand is why the flexing of the nylonove pedals is considered an advantage while riding - i would have thought a rider would want feedback from the pedals while riding to know exactly what kind of surface they are riding over.

thank you in advance for your advice and recommendations on pedals for the veteran lynx...

bpong

Why not just stick to the stock pedals? Seems like a waste of money swapping them for no reason.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Get what you want. The stock pedals are fine, even though they're cast. Some people just don't like the the stock pedals & I really can't blame anyone for spending more money on a already complete EUC. 

However if you're needing more grip, & dont want to buy upgraded pedals you can always do what this rider did in this video, which was quite impressive.