Installing V11 Bearing Protectors supplied by InMotion?

Having many issues trying to get the stock bearing protectors on the V11, they're rubbing on the motor and seem to have a really big gap once the shell is installed.... The friction is too much it's not even worth it, I guess we just have to keep changing bearings and motors every time it rains! Seems like such bad design and lack of instructions here but maybe I'm missing something?

Bearings come with different internal clearances. It affects its lifespan.

If the bearing seat in the motor cover compresses the bearing (very hard to press in) you could need a bearing with a higher internal clearance.

If you have a good fit, not loose, maybe the clearance is too great and you need a bearing with very little clearance. When you have too much clearance the seal becomes useless.

Also don't lift the seals. They become a bit more damaged every time you do, leaving gaps for dirt to enter. Meaning, once you've started to lift the seals you have to do it regularly to replace the grease you're now hemmoraging.

Grease can leak out from heat alone because it liquifies at operating temperature, leaving your bearings unprotected.

Filling the bearings with too much grease can have a detrimental effect as it stops the balls from rolling (overpacked) which wears out the bearing extremely fast.

So the  clearance C1-C5 can be chosen depending on the fit. And the grease type and fill rate can be chosen to withstand contamination better, at the cost of rolling resistance. Ideally you want to use a good tool to lift the seal so you don't lose valuable thousands of km of lifespan from damage that can't be picked up by the naked eye. 

Marine grease is thicker and longer lasting. Don't know if it's suitable for bearings.

23 hours ago, alcatraz said:

Marine grease is thicker and longer lasting. Don't know if it's suitable for bearings.

I've seen threads with many recommending liqui moly marine grease for EUC. It's possible I used too much but this grease is so thick and sticky I don't know if it would work well even if had the perfect amount. I'll probably just use a new set of bearings and forget the bearing protector, maybe I'll try again next year after the bearing rust out again :efee8c29ce: