Friction after installing motor into InMotion v11 shell?

Anyone else have issues with v11 motor rubbing on something after you put it back into the shell?

I thought maybe it was the new bearing protectors I put on but I don't see them rubbing on anything.

I have another motor I can try later to see what's the difference is but wonder if anyone else had this issue and what you did to fix it?

Is there any information somewhere online on how to properly install the official bearing protectors by inmotion? It seems they fit really tight and not very well. I heard they can fall out after a while so there must be an issue with friction on some thing with them. Maybe Ill just take the bearing protectors off for now.....

If I can't figure this out I'll try and upload a video later.

Update: I also wonder if it could be the liqui moly marine grease I used? Maybe it's not very good? Maybe I should try Lucas marine grease

3 hours ago, RoboFixIt said:

Update: I also wonder if it could be the liqui moly marine grease I used? Maybe it's not very good?

Nah it won't be that - Liquimoly is excellent - they couldn't sell it for that much if it wasn't.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, RoboFixIt said:

issues with v11 motor rubbing on something after you put it back into the shell?

What is the symptom?

Is it because you feel a constant drag when you rotate the tire by hand when the tire is off the ground?

Or, is it because you can hear a rubbing noise per revolution, or is it constant?

On 3/25/2024 at 1:11 PM, Cerbera said:

Nah it won't be that - Liquimoly is excellent - they couldn't sell it for that much if it wasn't.

I took the machine apart today and found it is something in the bearings, they're brand new so maybe I didn't use enough... I'll check it out soon