Patton tire options in Europe

Mossi

After 2000 km it's time to look for a new tire. Unfortunately, I don't seem to have many options in Europe. Actually only the Heidenau K38 and K57 look somewhat suitable. I would like a tire that is good off-road but can also be used on the road. I'm actually quite happy with the stock knobby.

I bought the CST C131 on Aliexpress from France. I will receive it at the end of the month.

It’s seems to be a good on and off-road.

The same on S16 from factory. 

I bought a secound tire with a similar thread like the original knobby. Not sure yet which to install first.

• 3 months later...

In Wrongway's review video of the Patton, he's using the Heidenau K 38, which is in stock (as of the time of writing) here for 40.25€ https://eu.mynetmoto.com/shop.cfm/tepga021580398/heidenau-3.00--12-(47j)-heidenau-k38.html

People on the other side of the pond seem quite happy with the Shinko 241, but the only place that has had it is this one https://www.motorcycletires-eu.com/en/shinko-sr-241.htm but our size has been out of stock for months now. I called them and they said they would restock at the end of April and here we are...

I might go for the K38, hope for the best and swap back to the stock tire during winter.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I ended up installing the K57 and did more than 1000 km on it. It is a decent tire that is usable on- and off-road. For off-road use, I would prefer the standard knobby. On asphalt, the K57 does better as long as the road is clean. With dirt on the road, it loses grip fast and you really have to watch out, especially in corners. The tire has no gyro effect at all, which took me a while to get used to. I am not sure if it is louder than the standard tire, but it is definitely more audible to pedestrians. I can't say if it makes a difference range-wise.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/23/2024 at 7:44 AM, Milordas said:

Interesting, do anyone tried 90/90-12 tire on Patton? Or it is too big? Ie. Heidenau K58 would be perfect

Hi all. 

as anyone tried this ? I am also interested to know if it will fit on the Patton

I would love to replace the stock tire for a Michelin City Extra in 90/90-12

Popis Mn. Faktura č.
874451 Shinko 3,00 - 12 47J TT F/R SR 241    

Is posible buy Sinko 241 i buy it in Czech Republic on www.motopneu.cz 750Czk = +-25 Eur/dolar internal number tire in this shop is 874451