Veteran PATTON pedal lowering kit by BEIDOU QX

OliG

Here is our review of an accessory I'd been hoping for so long on the Patton. 

Presentation of the kit

I received few weeks ago a Veteran Patton « Pedal Lowering Kit » to test from Xiarong Su/Beidou QX. 

The kit is made out 6061 aluminium. It allows to lower the pedal height by 30 mm compared to the original pedal height out of the box.

As far as I know, this accessories comes exclusively in black color, which is good to match the color of the Patton.

A similar option is available for the Veteran Lynx. In orange if you buy it on AliExpress. It’s also available n black but only at e-Rides (see link below). Marty has made a review on it a few weeks ago. You can find it here: https://youtu.be/rv8j6msykN4?si=krmxGfz3IhJSGCcp

A great news is that this lowering kit allows you to keep using your Nylonove footplates on the Patton. Honestly if that was not possible I would never had changed the OG footplate hanger. You can also keep the Nylonove bottom bumpers if you have them on your Patton. For these bottom bumpers, you’ll just have to modify them a littler bit in the middle to make it thinner and pass it behind the pedal hanger.

Content of the package

The package received only includes the 2 replacement footplate hangers. Not much to say on the packaging 😉.

Assembly

Assembly is fast and easy. You just need a 4mm Allen key. You simply have to remove the 8 original screws from the original footplate hanger and reuse them to fix the new one. I didn’t use loctite on the screws (I’m not sure there was loctite initially from factory, maybe just a little) and I just checked after one month of use of the lowering kit: no screw is moving.

The lower part of the new support protrudes just 2 - 3 mm below the Nylonove bottom bumpers that protect the bottom of the battery boxes.

The material used is 6061 Aluminium. I'm not a metal expert but it seems to me as strong as the original one. To be honest I didn’t made a crash test to check. And I won't do it, at least not voluntarily.😝😂

Where to buy

Here is the link to the AliExpress agent of Xiarong SU as he doesn’t have his own platform: Leaperkim Patton adjustable pedal bracket

https://a.aliexpress.com/_Ev9JaJr

As said, you can also find them at e-rides: https://e-rides.com/eu/product/veteran-lynx-and-patton-pedal-lowering-kit-black/

It’s the same link for Patton and Lynx at e-Rides. So don’t forget to choose the model of your wheel before ordering 😉

Test results

This is exactly what I was looking for. 😉

Main interest for me is to improve the stability of the wheel, particularly at low speeds, and when you have to do frequent stops/restarts in the city. It’s easier and less « tiring » with the lowering kit.

Obviously, this kit isn't for everyone. This will depend on your main use of the wheel.  

For mixed use in urban and “light” off-road environments, I think it's perfect. The wheel is much more stable, especially at low speeds, which is very practical and less tiring in cities when the roads are crowded and you have to pay attention to everything.

On the other hand, if you're mainly off-roading, you might as well keep the original pedal hangers.

Some people told me, after seeing the first photos when I received the kit, that it didn't make sense, that it was dangerous. Comments as usual by leading wheel scientists… 😂

Sorry for those who made that statement, I'm going to disappoint you. It's absolutely not dangerous, far from it. Many of us have ridden EUCs for years with pedals much closer to the ground.

Here, it's just lowered as it should be. You will notice the improvement but be assured you will not scrape the ground (too bad I was hoping to make sparks while riding based on some comments 😂😂😂). Even with this kit you will stay much higher than you were on the non-suspension wheels.

Links

https://www.facebook.com/xiaorong.su.754

https://www.beidouqx.com/

AE5D6AD9-854C-4D66-A8CF-1BC870F2C180.jpeg

IMG_3386.jpeg

IMG_3387.jpeg

IMG_3395.jpeg

IMG_3409.jpeg

IMG_3410.jpeg

camphoto_579758561.jpeg

IMG_4020.jpeg

IMG_4021.jpeg

IMG_4022.jpeg

IMG_4025.jpeg

IMG_3609.jpeg

D7D8E518-5D06-46A6-BFD9-96105BB5041C.jpeg

7CEB036E-BFF3-4A61-8ECC-09609612CF26.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have 200 miles on my patton and for the lowering kit.   They are a good bit heavier but the ride feels is much improved.   Especially having the top of the uni closer to my knees.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to see these made from 7075 rather than 6061.

The added strength of 7075 would be welcome for those of us who hit hard drops and big jumps.

I'll be interested to see if these can hold up to abuse.