My Lynx 3D Printed Accessories

Rawnei

2 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Ah I see, what I did to learn: One day I just decided today is the day I learn, I went to a sports area where they had a long running track with a bit softer ground, then I just practiced sitting and standing until it clicked, then I started practicing turns and that was it, learned the basics in an hour or two then I could ride seated and learn while riding.

The biggest trick is fighting the urge to sit down slowly, you need to be fast about it and with the Lynx you can hold the front handle for assistance while transitioning.

To this day I prefer starting in a standing position, I don't like starting from a standstill in a sitting position.

At the Moment im at the stage where sharper turns are problematic and a little instability in general...but yeah practising is the key

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/18/2024 at 4:52 AM, Rawnei said:

Finally got my Lynx and as you guessed got to work designing accessories for it, all free to download and print for anyone.

I provide my designs freely of charge on thingiverse for anyone to download and print but I don't provide printing services so you will have to print it yourself, ask a friend with a 3D printer or buy printing as a service from somewhere.

• Lynx - Footlock Extender

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6491595

A footlock extender for the Lynx, similar to the one I made for the Patton.

The footlock on the Lynx is pretty nice and functions decently but it's also a bit small and angled in such a way that you lose a lot of support around your toes.

This extender adds width (making the footlock 6.5cm wide in total) and remains consistently wide across the whole length from front to back, it also has 10mm of added cushioning below the footlock for added softness.

I have created 3 different design variants which are purely aesthetic, see screenshot.

1.thumb.jpg.e6bf61777b35c13c3b5c5f1ecda97f61.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.6dc7ac7d4f64522428bafb763049cba9.jpg

5.thumb.jpg.94347eaec4491278bbdfc9c7762a172c.jpg

• Lynx & Sherman S - Fender Extender

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6109387

The Lynx has same shape on the fender as on the Sherman S so my fender extender also fits on the Lynx.

A fender extender for the Lynx and the Sherman S.

The fender/mudguard on the Lynx and Sherman S is pretty good but there is ample of room where water and dirt can still spray up on the rider and also on anyone behind the wheel, this extender is designed to prevent that.

1.thumb.jpg.b89d68efacf239252b840fdcd65739a9.jpg

• Lynx, Sherman S & Patton - Parking Stand

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6077662

This parking stand also works for the Lynx.

A parking stand for the Lynx, Sherman S and the Patton.

All these 3 wheels has a built in kickstand that is pretty sturdy but putting them on a stationary stand will make them take up less space in your home or storage area as the wheel will be upright instead of leaning.

This stand is designed in such a way that most of the weight from the wheel will actually rest on the floor so that the 3D printed part does not need to support the full weight of the wheel.

2.thumb.jpg.66e7caae5fd49107ed5bf664384744f7.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.99b65a7e55dcd70a436e658862d3966f.jpg

• Lynx, Sherman S & Patton - DIY Custom Light Mount

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6257111

The mount also fit the Lynx with some minor modifications, I have uploaded the Lynx specific version which is similar to the Patton mount.

A custom light holder for the Lynx, Sherman S and the Patton.

ATTENTION: This is a DIY project and not just a 3D print, it will take some tinkering like soldering and gluing and some patience, start the project if you are comfortable with that or have someone to help you with the necessary steps.

I had two main goals with this project:

1) Switch the stock headlamp to a lamp that doesn't blind oncoming traffic.
2) Add DRL (Daylight Running Light) for visibility during the day.

Lynx.thumb.jpg.a8efd2d4dcb9b65f2963222b854f4496.jpg

• Lynx - BD Seat Riser

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6499847

A riser for the Lynx BD Seat which makes the seat higher.

The BD seat for the Lynx is pretty popular and many riders have this seat for their Lynx, however I felt that this seat on the Lynx made me sit a bit too low which for me personally can be a cause of back-ache so I designed this riser to raise it up by 3cm.

This riser is printed in two parts (front and rear) that interlink with each-other, I made it two parts due to the size making it more practical to print and lowering the requirement on printer size.

1.thumb.jpg.73a388236cc375823de371307cd7c3d9.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.7145d29c4099480993c98cb779d4f42e.jpg

• Lynx - Pedal Risers

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6516333

Pedal risers for the Lynx stock pedals.

Pedal risers add ergonomic comfort for your toes and also increase grip with grub screws.

The grub screws are M5, you can use M5x8mm or M5x10mm depending on how long you need, I used M5x8mm in the photos which gives me plenty of grip.

1.thumb.jpg.41456ac2eb0177c2e70c768c5e7dea6c.jpg

• Lynx - Bumper System

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6516331

A bumper system for the LeaperKim Lynx.

These are TPU bumpers that you install over existing stock parts, the purpose is to protect the stock parts from small damage and to add a cosmetic flair.

The bumpers are designed in such a way that you don't have to take them off when working on the wheel.

Compatible with the popular BD seat (pictured).

1.thumb.jpg.a2e32c302645a04d9ca6fce2afafacd6.jpg

• Lynx - Seat

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6536830

A seat for the LeaperKim Lynx.

This is a somewhat tall seat that slides forward when you need to operate the trolley handle, the seat adds around 6-7cm from the top of the Lynx, the top of the seat is meant to be soft but the lower part of the seat is firm and supportive due to a lot of walls on the inside.

I have learned a lot when designing seat for other wheels in the past and my goal when designing this seat was:

• Make a taller seat for better seated comfort on the Lynx.
  • Make sure that even while being a tall seat it still doesn't hit my butt while jumping in the skatepark or doing other demanding off-road activities.
  • Make sure the seat doesn't cut into my legs in any way while standing on the wheel.
  • Make the seat soft and comfortable yet not compressing too much and overall giving good support.
  • Make trolley operation easy and more comfortable.
  • Create some sort of anti-slipping mechanism at the top so that the seat does not feel slippery.

The mechanism for sliding the seat forward is simple yet secure, it won't move by itself when riding but is still easy to operate. The seat rests on a bottom bracket which is attached to the wheel, there is a small lifting handle in the front of the seat that you use this to raise the seat a small bit and then slide the seat forward for access to the trolley handle. When you close the trolley you slide the seat backwards and push it down and it becomes secure again.

Before designing this seat I had the popular BD Seat which had some drawbacks that I wanted to address with my own design:

• Lower weight: The BD Seat is around 1kg (or 1.3kg with my 2cm riser that I designed), this seat is around 500g.
  • The front of the BD Seat is designed in such a way that it can hit the inside of your legs while standing on the wheel, even more so with the riser I designed, this leads to pain in the legs over time.
  • Trolley operation was not super comfortable the way the BD seat was resting against the trolley handle and didn't leave much space for your hand, it also felt awkward.
  • Due to the aluminum folding part of the BD Seat I was worried what could happen if the wheel took a tumble, if the seat folds up while tumbling and is hit in the process then the stress from the impact will be transferred into the front handle of the Lynx, this can easily happen off-road and would cause damages that the Lynx would otherwise handle just fine.

4.thumb.jpg.98188944fad0240cc0f2bc343848aa12.jpg

• Lynx - Footlock Replacement

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6538286

A Footlock replacement for the Lynx.

This is a 2-part print that replaces the Footlock on the Lynx.

The mount for the original Footlock is pretty tall, if you have bigger feet like me and the footlock ends up pretty high the mounting mechanism of the footlock is in the way for optimal pad placement (Photo example provided), I wanted to lower my pads but it was not possible because the stock Footlock was extruding so much above that is why I got the idea to design this.

While designing a shorter mount this I also designed a longer one that might come in handy for those that might have lowered their pedals with a pedal-lowering-kit.

If you prefer the stock size that is also available here but I would recommend just printing the extender if you are happy with the vertical size of the stock mount.

Variants.thumb.jpg.16b3138ec6b4b10d12b65ce94401405f.jpg

• Lynx - Shorter Kickstand

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6559791

A shorter kickstand replacement for the LeaperKim Lynx.

The stock kickstand of the Lynx is pretty long, for most riders this is not a problem but for advanced riders who like to do technical off-road or playing around int he Skatepark the kickstand risks hitting when you do a drop.

This kickstand is about 2cm shorter than the stock kickstand and is supposed to be printed in TPU thus minimizing the risk if getting hit in the first place and also minimizing the consequence if that would happen since it will be flexible.

One could also just remove the stock kickstand but then there is nothing to protect the mudguard in case wheel is dropped on the side and mudguard can easily break.

The kickstand still functions as a kickstand although the wheel will be resting even lower since the kickstand is shorter.

1.thumb.jpg.8e4bc91a05c3bd6bee4ffab84a386107.jpg

I haven't printed anything off yet (my ender 3 is out of commission at the moment), but I just wanted to give you props for all this! Thanks for sharing these designs! I especially love the extended toe locks and the sliding seat design! Those are definitely gonna be top of the list once I finally take the time to resurrect my printer. Uuuugh I'm not looking forward to this.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/12/2024 at 5:03 AM, Rawnei said:

Ah I see, what I did to learn: One day I just decided today is the day I learn, I went to a sports area where they had a long running track with a bit softer ground, then I just practiced sitting and standing until it clicked, then I started practicing turns and that was it, learned the basics in an hour or two then I could ride seated and learn while riding.

The biggest trick is fighting the urge to sit down slowly, you need to be fast about it and with the Lynx you can hold the front handle for assistance while transitioning.

To this day I prefer starting in a standing position, I don't like starting from a standstill in a sitting position.

I run into the problem of sitting back too far being so tall. I’m sitting at or just behind the rear handle. Your seat and fender design look on point! I don’t own a printer or know anyone who does so I would have to look into outsourcing a print for my wheel. 🤙

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
  • Lynx - Pedal Overlays

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6613242

Pedal Overlays for the LeaperKim Lynx stock pedals.

Overlays that makes the pedals more grippy and also provides a riser in the front and/or in the back (both optional). Together with the double sided tape these will add about 2mm on-top of the stock pedals, the spikes themselves are 4.5mm tall and the riser is 10mm tall from the top of the overlay.

The Lynx pedals are symmetrical so just mirror the pieces and print them in any combination you like, I prefer and recommend having a riser in the front but not in the back.

1.thumb.jpg.32e3243696da5859796db5b895e8f77a.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.220e2a69bd876e196b1bc299de7da46f.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.e3be15fdf3f5499990e2aabf367fb1ab.jpg

Edited by Rawnei
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, fl105kg said:

Are the handle bumpers front and back interchangeable? If I wanted the front to match the back or vise versa. 

Probably not, I don't think front and rear handles are exactly the same on the Lynx.

• Like 1