DIY stud pedals for newer wheels - save 200 USD

This creative bloke have an inexpensive solution to the problem with shitty original pedals and expensive aftermarked studpedal upgrades:

Edited by Finn Bjerke
precision.

• Finn Bjerke changed the title to DIY stud pedals for newer wheels - save 200 USD

I have these on my sherman S they are bloody brilliant and cost me 220 Euroes e-RIDES Veteran Sherman S Honeycomb Pedals - e-RIDES

My guess is SHerman suspensions wheels  and Newer Inmotion  wheels can be upgraded by DIY spikes or maybe its just wishfull thinking? Proper studpedals are an absolut gamechanger ....   Ill let our freind here test it for a bit before I do this mod.  

Im not sure if the Inmotion pedals are structurally strong enough to do this, the way Sherman pedals can:  They look sort of similar.

image.jpeg.beb0810d0f71ae503959b9a1a13dff82.jpegimage.jpeg.63d88976d9f76b66f1e57b91cdc39427.jpegV13.....

Veteran Sherman S upgrade kit - E-RIDERZLeaperkim sherman S upgrade parts

image.png.db85b86b71b78d0af9b7d81f9bd118f5.pngS22 pedals

Begode T4 Original Begode T4 Electric Unicycle Honeycomb Pedal T4 Pedal Assembly for  Begode T4 Electric Wheel Official Begode Accessories - AliExpress

I was going to do that on the v13, then i realized 1) i haven't really had any problems with slippage  and 2) do i really want my foot to be that stuck to the pedals that much during an unexpected dismount , which happens now and again when you are aggressively off roading. When the wheel twists unexpectedly like a pedal clip etc. i want it to do it without my foot.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Interesting. I ride seated on V13 always, so I might just want to add a few spikes. Im installing new streettire on v13 so maybe Ill change riding style becaous of that.

I disagree on this

2) do i really want my foot to be that stuck to the pedals that much during an unexpected dismount , which happens now and again when you are aggressively off roading. When the wheel twists unexpectedly like a pedal clip etc. i want it to do it without my foot.

Adjusting the studs will def solve that problem and probably be better and safer than the original footplate methinks.  What worries me is how strong the footplate is with all those holes in it. Is it safe for heavy people too ?

What about rain getting into the Chinesium structure? 

Is that a problem.... ?