Making a self balancing EUC without DIY kit

I am a under graduate student in India and team's project is to build an self balancing electric unicycle from scratch. I need your help in deciding the best materials and components that are available in the market. Please suggest the components which are available in India 

• Like 1

There are extremely few self made EUCs, and most use some parts from existing EUCs. You probably have to study a lot of disassembly videos to understand what you need and what you are able to make yourself. The main parts will be:

- A stepper motor with hall sensor.
- A controller board(s) with a gyroscope and accelerometer for positioning (something Arduino or raspberry possible?), and capacitors / mosfets to power the motor.
- A battery pack to power all this.

The rest is structure, can be made in many ways.

As for availability in India I'm afraid you ask too much, you will have to search or buy online. Good luck with the project! (you need it!)

Edited by null

Buy an EUC, take it apart, analyze/investigate it and see what parts you have in India. Parts you don't have, improvise yourself or have local stores make them!

4 hours ago, Aditya Kumar Gupta said:

I am a under graduate student in India and team's project is to build an self balancing electric unicycle from scratch. I need your help in deciding the best materials and components that are available in the market. Please suggest the components which are available in India 

Holy Moly, this is your strategy / approach to tackle your undergrad team project?

Did ChatGPT not give you a better answer?

How did your team came to decide on this euc project? Or was the whole class assigned the same project?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

You're going to have better luck looking at the VESC Onewheel scene, other than having a different stance its the exact same thing. In general though you need to define your requirements: will it have a rider, do you need to write the balancing code yourself, can you take off the shelf motor controllers, etc.