Please Help! Gotway MCM5

I have a Gotway MCM 5 with about 131 miles. It's clean and dry.  It's not working.  First the LED Lights quit working and the light in the front quit working. The sound won't work either but it would still come on. Then it would like just randomly, the start button would work. Some times it would work and sometimes it wouldn't.  Then I made the big mistake of pushing the calibrating button on the app and it started beeping like the app said it would and to turn it on level to calibrate. Well my problem I couldn't turn it on to calibrate it so it was just beeping forever. So I pulled it apart and unplugged the battery.  Everything inside looks good. Now that I plugged it back in I can't get it to start up or connect to my app. It makes noises like it's doing something but won't start up either.  will add, before the wheel would free spin now it seems to be a little tight. 

• Like 1

Okay update. On it.  Seems the power button just won't work. I can have setting down and plug the battery in and it powers up and is one can like drive it around and the power button will work to turn it off but after you turn it off it's over. 

1. Take careful photos of the wires and their connector positions on the control board before unplugging things.
  2. Label each wire before unplugging (button, USB, beeper, light, etc). The plugs on your new controller may not be in the same physical location on the board, so get a board diagram and follow it. 
  3. Carefully slice the silicone glue around each connector with a razor, before ripping them loose from the old controller.
  4. Be absolutely sure to install the 3 large motor cables in the same color sequence (G-B-Y) as the original. (Otherwise, the EUC cannot balance and will try to destroy itself.) 
  5. Plug the battery connection last, and push that connector together quickly and confidently. (There will be a spark from the inrush current, and we don't want to be tickling this connection lightly.)
  6. Turn on and upright the EUC before closing the panel, to confirm balancing is working.
  7. Apply new RTV Silicone over the connectors and screws to help prevent accidental loosening from vibration. 
  8. Secure all loose wires with tape, plastic ties, etc. (We don't want things flopping around and rubbing away insulation.)
  9. Ensure no loose debris remains inside the EUC. Especially metal screws that may have fallen out during repair.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, RagingGrandpa said:
  1. Take careful photos of the wires and their connector positions on the control board before unplugging things.
  2. Label each wire before unplugging (button, USB, beeper, light, etc). The plugs on your new controller may not be in the same physical location on the board, so get a board diagram and follow it. 
  3. Carefully slice the silicone glue around each connector with a razor, before ripping them loose from the old controller.
  4. Be absolutely sure to install the 3 large motor cables in the same color sequence (G-B-Y) as the original. (Otherwise, the EUC cannot balance and will try to destroy itself.) 
  5. Plug the battery connection last, and push that connector together quickly and confidently. (There will be a spark from the inrush current, and we don't want to be tickling this connection lightly.)
  6. Turn on and upright the EUC before closing the panel, to confirm balancing is working.
  7. Apply new RTV Silicone over the connectors and screws to help prevent accidental loosening from vibration. 
  8. Secure all loose wires with tape, plastic ties, etc. (We don't want things flopping around and rubbing away insulation.)
  9. Ensure no loose debris remains inside the EUC. Especially metal screws that may have fallen out during repair.

Great info thanks. I was curious about the white silcone on the connectors looks like so much of it globbed in there on the connetors.  

1 hour ago, RagingGrandpa said:

How do those unplug?  Is there any kind of clips on them? These are covered in silcone so that is going to take a while. I'm just nervous I don't want to mess up the wire or the terminals.